NSD (National Signing Day) Event

I think Nebraska would serve itself well to create a National Signing Day event either at the football or basketball stadium. In my mind it would have a "March Madness" feel when the fans/teams wait to hear who gets picked or an event like you see for the first basketball practice of the season type event. It would be a free event but tickets required. With possible weather issues and fewer seats to fill perhaps the basketball arena would be the best arena.

I think it would be so cool to get an atmosphere of packed folks and an event where the fans and the university show our love and support for our new recruits. You would use a jumbo tron to show vids of each recruit and have a collection of folks like parents and coaches that gave a sniplet of their football life. You could release balloons after each story, you would have the band, Coach Bo and the staff give a briefing.

It could be the real highlight of the year. Anyway, thought I would post the thought and see what others thought and what the "issues" would be that My small mind hasn't thought of. Pros/Cons and any other ideas that could be added?

Genius! Why didn't UNL already think of that?!?

What they have set up is all about "them" and "money" ... I'm talking about a great event that really means something to the fan base and an experience for the recruits that is second to none.

Thanks for chimin' in ... if only for a slam. No worries.