QB Joe Burrow [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Player: Joe Burrow
Hometown: Athens, Ohio
School: Athens
Position: Dual-Threat Quarterback
Height: 6-3
Weight: 215
40 time:
Offers: Boston College, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Fresno State, Iowa State, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Ohio, Ohio State, South Florida, Toledo, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Western Michigan
Visits:

Twitter

Rivals: #25 DTQB; :star:star:star
247: #18 DTQB; :star:star:star
Scout:
ESPN: #9 DTQB; :star:star:star:star

Hudl

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he's our QB for 2015

71.2% completion 589 yrds rushing. Accounted for 4385 total yards and 56tds. Gatorade player of the year in Ohio.

Most importantly he's a Husker Legacy. His dad coaches at Ohio with Frank. Joe has been on atleast one UOV when he came for a spring practice last year, and i would bet hes been to a game or two. Should be a 4 star when rated I would guess. IMO we need to offer soon, he's getting a ton of interest. Get him to the spring game and lock him up. He's not an Ohio native, so good chance he's a Husker fan being a legacy and all.

Edited by Mavric
Edited to add profile template. Original post below the line.

http://www.hudl.com/...ights/107751379

71.2% completion 589 yrds rushing. Accounted for 4385 total yards and 56tds. Gatorade player of the year in Ohio.

Most importantly he's a Husker Legacy. His dad coaches at Ohio with Frank. Joe has been on atleast one UOV when he came for a spring practice last year, and i would bet hes been to a game or two. Should be a 4 star when rated I would guess. IMO we need to offer soon, he's getting a ton of interest. Get him to the spring game and lock him up. He's not an Ohio native, so good chance he's a Husker fan being a legacy and all.

Wow. Looks great and the Husker tie in hopefully will be persuasive.

http://www.hudl.com/...ights/107751379

Gotta believe Ohio will be a player in this as well. He has known Frank a long time and the chance to play for your father can't be understated either.

FYI, Fowler, I made the Delton profile.

He doesn't have an offer from us yet, but Barney, Garrison, and Beck have all visited him and he visited for the MSU game. I've also heard from someone else on here he's number 1 or 2 on our board at this point.

I know typically we wait for an offer to make a profile, but given the interest I figured it was just a matter of time.

Gotta believe Ohio will be a player in this as well. He has known Frank a long time and the chance to play for your father can't be understated either.

Eh, playing for dad would be nice but I would think he's going to want to go to a bigger program if he's good enough.

Normally, I would agree (and still think you are 80% on target). But Ohio does get some national name recognition; has gone toe-to-toe with some "Brands" (should have beaten Ohio St a few years back); and regularly goes to bowls now under Frank. It depends on who offers and how much his long term relationship with Frank factors in, not JUST with Dad.

After watching film on all three...

Dillman is by far the most highly recruited of the three thus far. His offers are in the high teens per Rivals. Lots of Pac 12 teams, but some SEC and ACC offers too. And us. There isn't much film on him.... only the two minute clip from his profile page. Watching that... he strictly ran a pro-style O at La Mirada in CA. Every snap I saw was from under center. That said, he's got a cannon. Made all the throws. Got prototypical NFL QB size... an obvious plus. Hardly any scrambling highlights but he did roll out and evade the rush once. Encouraging. Read he tore his knee up last year though... we'll have to see if that has any effect on his running next season.

Watched five minutes of Burrow's highlights on Hudl. Not sure of competition level in his class in Ohio... but dang it he shot right to the top of my last based on what I saw. Seriously.... do yourself a favor and go watch the first five minutes. Kid's mobility and evasion is ELITE. He's like a young Vick or a faster Romo in the pocket... never goes down. Plenty of spinning around and rolling back out to his right... you know, Romo's favorite move. Great lateral quickness and ball carrier vision. Just knows how to make guys miss... basically the inverse of TMart as a runner. His film shows great touch on a lot of the short to intermediate throws... very similar offense to what we run, vs. More deep stuff in Dilemma's highlights. Good arm on the deeper stuff too though.

Delton is developing still and no slack himself. He's more of a straight line runner though.

I think at this point, Burrow is the best fit for our offense. He looks like he was made to pilot it and s baby far the most creative and effective runner of the three. However, Dillman may be the better overall passer, is more highly recruited, and I could see him being an AJ McCarron clone, perhaps even more mobile. I'd love to have one of those running our O and I'm sure Beck would too, especially when he gets antsy and tries to throw all over teams. Delton is on the come, nut the one with the farthest to go development wise IMO. But our coaches seem very interested in him.

IMO our QB board should read: 1a) Dillman 1b) Burrow 2) Delton

Eh, playing for dad would be nice but I would think he's going to want to go to a bigger program if he's good enough.

Normally, I would agree (and still think you are 80% on target). But Ohio does get some national name recognition; has gone toe-to-toe with some "Brands" (should have beaten Ohio St a few years back); and regularly goes to bowls now under Frank. It depends on who offers and how much his long term relationship with Frank factors in, not JUST with Dad.

Could be. But Ohio has two three star commits this year. They had one last year. The other guys we're after are four stars. If he's in the same class as the other guys we're after, I would be shocks if he goes with Ohio.