Football Coaches Get Extensions

Mavric

• 3 weeks later...

Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman 12m

Pelini's contract expires four years from today, with no word from Nebraska on an extension like he received after 2011 and 2012 seasons.

More writing on the wall? If this is true, it won't help recruiting one bit, but I hope it's not true. If this information is inaccurate, then I'll retract my statement. If true, it lends more credence to everything I've heard.

Four years is probably about the minimum but not uncommon. But with no extra raise for Bo along with no extension combined with very little raises for the assistants makes it pretty easy to see that Eichorst is at least hedging his bets in case he has to make a change next year.

Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman 12m

with no word from Nebraska on an extension like he received after 2011 and 2012 seasons.

ezpVYup.gif

Go ahead, wish on that all you want, wait until you get it. As I said in another thread, if Bo gets axed (with the exception of Bo going under .500 or him punching Harv in the grill), you'll be looking back on the C******n years as the glory days.

It's time like these that make me question my association with this fan base.

Four years is probably about the minimum but not uncommon. But with no extra raise for Bo along with no extension combined with very little raises for the assistants makes it pretty easy to see that Eichorst is at least hedging his bets in case he has to make a change next year.

Bingo. 5 years is more common, but this really isn't going to help the program.

Go ahead, wish on that all you want, wait until you get it. As I said in another thread, if Bo gets axed (with the exception of Bo going under .500 or him punching Harv in the grill), you'll be looking back on the C******n years as the glory days.

Seriously? Comeon man! You know you can't predict that this program will fail just as much as they can't predict it will be a success with a coaching change.

+1 for originality!

Oh, wait........

Seriously? Comeon man! You know you can't predict that this program fill fail just as much as they can't predict it will be a success with a coaching change.

True, but I can use history as a good resource. I can also take the words of a couple of guys who are "in the know." Guys that tell me that this job isn't what many of our fans think it is.

True, but I can use history as a good resource.

Such as the last 3-4 years?

I can also take the words of a couple of guys who are "in the know." Guys that tell me that this job isn't what many of our fans think it is.

This is simply the ol' "we can't get a better coach than Bo" argument, and it doesn't hold any water. We've had better coaches before, and there's no reason, no reason at all, to think we can't again. No matter how desperately you or your "guys in the know" wish it to be true.

• Fire 2