NFL Combine 2014.

Fuzzy

Certainly doesn't help Martinez's chances.

unforutnately his chances weren't that good to begin with.

If he is healthy, his speed alone will get him a look as special teams I would think!

and that is a big if that he is healthy. If he doesn't recover from his freshman injury fully he loses quite a bit of speed. also he would have to have speed outside of running in a straight line.

For KO returns in the NFL I would disagree here. The guys on special teams coverage are so big/strong/fast you don't really juke them out to be a good returner. NFL KO returns are more about straight speed and the odd chance of getting the correct crease set up. Punt returns is different.

Best hope is somebody asks him to be their Wildcat QB. Maybe a team with a read option starter will want to hold onto him on the practice squad. Not really a bad idea. TM will definitely work hard.

On KOR I think unless you have great vision you steamroll to the 20 and get creamed.

Certainly doesn't help Martinez's chances.

unforutnately his chances weren't that good to begin with.

If he is healthy, his speed alone will get him a look as special teams I would think!

and that is a big if that he is healthy. If he doesn't recover from his freshman injury fully he loses quite a bit of speed. also he would have to have speed outside of running in a straight line.

For KO returns in the NFL I would disagree here. The guys on special teams coverage are so big/strong/fast you don't really juke them out to be a good returner. NFL KO returns are more about straight speed and the odd chance of getting the correct crease set up. Punt returns is different.

i have never seen a ko return where the guy didn't have to make moves at full speed, juke, make a move to take it to the endzone.

Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPRQIx8qFGY

I didn't say he would be an All-Pro returner and agreed that he would get jacked a lot. But if he runs a fast enough 40, some teams might take a chance for it.

The problem is he would be going against players just as fast as he is if not faster. Also you are comparing him against people that have been kick returning for quite a long time.

As strongly as Spencer Long felt the pull of the NFL combine, and the urge to go there and perform at a high level, the former Nebraska offensive lineman also realized it was a race he could not win.

And one that he had best not even run.

Long has instead tried to stay on schedule with his recovery from the knee-ligament injury he suffered last October. That has called for patience with the left knee, and following the plans of NU athletic trainer Mark Mayer rather than any of his own whims.

“You want to — you want to go as fast as possible — but then again you don't want to be stupid,” Long said. “You work real hard, but you don't want to go too fast and screw something up. It's a delicate situation.”

It would be a non-issue now if not for the NFL combine invitation that Long received last month, along with former Husker teammates Stanley Jean-Baptiste and Quincy Enunwa. If not for that opportunity, Long would be OK with pointing toward being full speed by April.

OWH Article

Here.

I didn't say he would be an All-Pro returner and agreed that he would get jacked a lot. But if he runs a fast enough 40, some teams might take a chance for it.

The problem is he would be going against players just as fast as he is if not faster. Also you are comparing him against people that have been kick returning for quite a long time.

Some say if truly healthy he is a legit 4.3 guy, so not many guys on there would be just as fast or faster if that would be the case....however I don't think he'll run that low due to injuries, bulking up after Freshman year, etc. I said he might be a chance if he runs fast enough 40 (4.3), it'll be interesting to see what he does run.

Here.

Some say if truly healthy he is a legit 4.3 guy, so not many guys on there would be just as fast or faster if that would be the case....however I don't think he'll run that low due to injuries, bulking up after Freshman year, etc. I said he might be a chance if he runs fast enough 40 (4.3), it'll be interesting to see what he does run.

I will guess he will run a low 4.5 to mid 4.5 forty -- something like 4.50 - 4.55 in the forty. He is fast (a 4.50-4.55 is fast) but nowhere near as fast as he once was. After about the 8th or so game his freshman year he has been much less quick and fast than he was initially. As pointed out... injuries & bulking up (but I would assume, mostly bulking up) are the likely culprits.

I am thankful to Tmart for all he did... he was a trooper, a kid with heart who carried the Huskers on his back at times and he had a really, really good college career. Very glad he was a Husker and he should be viewed as a Husker legend alongside another 15-20 Huskers over the years who did Husker nation proud. All that being said... he will not make an NFL roster. Few do so this is no indictment. He simply is not the proper fit and he has been (and perhaps still is) hobbled. Many very good to great college players never make the NFL... again, this is no indictment of Taylor to say that he is most likely to fall into that category.

Here.

I will guess he will run a low 4.5 to mid 4.5 forty -- something like 4.50 - 4.55 in the forty. He is fast (a 4.50-4.55 is fast) but nowhere near as fast as he once was. After about the 8th or so game his freshman year he has been much less quick and fast than he was initially. As pointed out... injuries & bulking up (but I would assume, mostly bulking up) are the likely culprits.

I am thankful to Tmart for all he did... he was a trooper, a kid with heart who carried the Huskers on his back at times and he had a really, really good college career. Very glad he was a Husker and he should be viewed as a Husker legend alongside another 15-20 Huskers over the years who did Husker nation proud. All that being said... he will not make an NFL roster. Few do so this is no indictment. He simply is not the proper fit and he has been (and perhaps still is) hobbled. Many very good to great college players never make the NFL... again, this is no indictment of Taylor to say that he is most likely to fall into that category.

typo from above --- I meant to say injuries are main reason for his loss of speed...