2014 Recruiting Team Rankings

Mavric

IMO, we have a very strong, athletic class. I don't get into the whole "rankings" and demanding top 25, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Next year, even if we land a bunch of 4* kids, we will barely crack top 25 due to the limited amount of scholarships we will have. We will only have 11 kids graduating on scholarship, and not sure how many we will have left after going into the season.

Had that been said, we would have been top 25 if Clinksdale would have been smart enough to pass classes and wasn't an eligibility issue. McClain would have also helped as well, and IMO, should be a 4*. Harrison by all accounts should be a 5*. The kid has absolute TALENT! Keels is underrated by Rivals. If you look at rivals, a lot of our players are rated .1 short of the next star ranking.

ESPN Ranking, just a pure joke. From what I read over on SECrant is that this will be their final year doing it. Not sure if it was just a rumor or if its true, but just what I had heard.

Best way to know ESPN rankings are a joke is that they have Harrison as the 55th best WR. No way there are 55 receivers better than him.

Yeah, they only think 54 are better. ;) Really though, I wonder if he was under-ranked because of his chances in the draft.

Shouldnt matter. But you cant trust ratings by a company with ties to one conference.

Best way to know ESPN rankings are a joke is that they have Harrison as the 55th best WR. No way there are 55 receivers better than him.

Yeah, they only think 54 are better. ;) Really though, I wonder if he was under-ranked because of his chances in the draft.

Shouldnt matter. But you cant trust ratings by a company with ties to one conference.

Thats the reason I didn't really care to watch any of the NSD coverage ESPNU had. It was all biased towards the SEC and then if not them the south.

Other than missing out on a few CB and DL guys, I think this class is solid. Could have really used a guy like Clinkscales who could be an instant difference maker at DT.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say that Bo wins a National Title in the next couple of years. Will people around the country analyze the way that he is recruiting and try to emulate it? It seems that is how it goes - one team has success doing things a certain way, and everybody else tries to copy their methods.

Unfortunately, the teams who have had success recently earn their success by cheating. *sigh*