Cory Ross coaching in Lincoln

NUance

Former Husker I-back Ross enjoying coaching

By Terry Douglass sports.desk@theindependent.com Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:10 am

Once Cory Ross’ professional football career came to an end in 2012, it didn’t take the former Nebraska Cornhuskers’ I-back long to figure out what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. After playing for the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens (2006-2007), Ross joined the Sacramento Mountain Lions for three seasons where he was named 2010 UFL’s offensive MVP. Once his playing days came to a halt in 2012, Ross returned to Lincoln where he eventually got an opportunity to coach and served as interim head coach for the Lincoln Haymakers indoor football team for the last four games of the 2013 season before being named the head coach this year.

LINK

Glad to see Cory go this direction. I gotta feeling he will be a great coach.

By Terry Douglass sports.desk@theindependent.com Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:10 am

Once Cory Ross’ professional football career came to an end in 2012, it didn’t take the former Nebraska Cornhuskers’ I-back long to figure out what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. After playing for the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens (2006-2007), Ross joined the Sacramento Mountain Lions for three seasons where he was named 2010 UFL’s offensive MVP. Once his playing days came to a halt in 2012, Ross returned to Lincoln where he eventually got an opportunity to coach and served as interim head coach for the Lincoln Haymakers indoor football team for the last four games of the 2013 season before being named the head coach this year.

LINK

He was coaching last season as well as an assistant. I've heard that there were some disputes between him and upper management objectives, kindof surprised to see him get the head coach gig, but good for him.

Back when Ross was playing I used to think he had about the best first move of any NU back I can remember seeing. I'm not saying he was our best RB. Or even close, for that matter. But he had a couple little juke moves that really threw guys off. Seems like the first defender hardly ever tackled him. (These days, seems like Abdullah has just as good of a shake-n-bake first step.)

LINK

He was coaching last season as well as an assistant. I've heard that there were some disputes between him and upper management objectives, kindof surprised to see him get the head coach gig, but good for him.

To quote the infamous Quincy Enunwa

Quincy Enunwa. ‏@QuincyEnunwa

Lol yes @huskerboard we do. A lot of you grown "adults" should be ashamed. Telling people you get inside info. smh. pic.twitter.com/0tQMDBCU