QB Sheriron Jones [Tennessee Commit]

Mavric

You never know. I mean, it's certainly very rare for true freshman to come in and start right away. Even T-Mart needed a redshirt year, but he bust on the scene as a RS Frosh. TA did the same thing last year when Taylor went down.

But Hackenberg did it last year. Manziel did it at A&M. Outside of that, I'm struggling to think of any other examples. If anyone does know any, feel free to educate me.

But I get the feeling TB and Bo really love Tommy as a QB. I just think he needs help with his mechanics and progressions to reach his potential as a thrower. I don't know if they'd be willing to just give up on him, and I don't think it's likely that another kid comes in tailor-made for this offense and ready to pilot it better than Tommy.

But I don't really know, either. A ton of unknown especially consider Jones isn't even a commit at this point.

Hey now,

Do you guys believe he could be the starter next year if he came here? Is he better than Armstrong?

I know that sounds a little crazy, considering Armstrong is basically a two year starter and has won a lot of games for us.

And here we go...

Hey now, hang on here. I like Armstrong, but the perception is that he isn't very good.

I just wonder if there are any 4 star recruits out there that have got to be thinking they could beat him out coming in.

Because if they can't, then why would you come? You would have two more years to sit on the bench and wait, which is why we will probably lose Stanton this year.

So which one of you is from San Diego and which one is from South Dakota?
  • Fire 1

Hey now,

Do you guys believe he could be the starter next year if he came here? Is he better than Armstrong?

I know that sounds a little crazy, considering Armstrong is basically a two year starter and has won a lot of games for us.

And here we go...

Hey now, hang on here. I like Armstrong, but the perception is that he isn't very good.

I just wonder if there are any 4 star recruits out there that have got to be thinking they could beat him out coming in.

Because if they can't, then why would you come? You would have two more years to sit on the bench and wait, which is why we will probably lose Stanton this year.

So which one of you is from San Diego and which one is from South Dakota?

Haha im from south Dakota. I get our username confused sometimes too. I feel I should change mine

Hey now,

And here we go...

Whose perception?

It would be in Jones best interest to sit behind TA, IMO. He can learn game prep and evaluate with Armstrong during this time a positive for his development.

The Huskers have a lot going for them. These lineman coming in recently and the dominant running game. beck's offense is versatile and flexible to the surrounding skillsets of players and allows some freedom for the qb with respect to decision making, plays, balance, and development. Simply, the blend of team skills and cohesive play schemes is so enticing Jones should be very open to the Huskers . I'm glad he is coming to visit.

Idk, not sure TM ever played as bad as TA yesterday...

We have no offensive identity and to blame 1 player is idiotic!

True we don't have an identity, but I don't see him blaming the loss on Tommy... just saying Taylor never played as bad. I happen to agree. I think Taylor's first game against Wisconsin would be the closest.