Terran Petteway: B1G POTY

Petteway POTY  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, there is obviously concern that Terran Petteway should be in consideration for B1G POTY (Player of the Year).

Pretty simple, do you think this kid deserves to win it, or at least be considered as a top 3?

If there are any outside perspective, we would love for you to chime in and give your input, negative or positive. Things are always clearer from an outside view, instead of the kool-aid view ;)

GBR!

I think its a 3 man race between Petteway, Kaminsky from UW and the Stauskas kid from Michigan. Out of those 3 right now I would put Petteway 2nd with Kaminsky being the leader. I think the only reason Stauskas would get consideration is he is the best player on the best team in the conference this year.

If you are right, it could be decided in the final game of the regular season and I love the Huskers defense.

I think its a 3 man race between Petteway, Kaminsky from UW and the Stauskas kid from Michigan. Out of those 3 right now I would put Petteway 2nd with Kaminsky being the leader. I think the only reason Stauskas would get consideration is he is the best player on the best team in the conference this year.

If you are right, it could be decided in the final game of the regular season and I love the Huskers defense.

It very well could. Wisconsin has a very solid defensive team too. If Petteway keeps playing the way he is he might not even need that last game to win it. Just needs to keep playing the way he has been.

To me it's more about just his stat line. To me it's about us very realistically having 8wins right now without him. On a team that needs to squeeze every last ounce of production out of its players, the importance of Terran can't be understated. All you have to do watch when he goes out of the game with foul trouble and guess the minutes that the scoring drought will be.

What Jarvis said. I'm not sure why anyone would put that he shouldn't even be considered and that is blowing away this poll. He leads the B1G in ppg and I know it means more than that but the dude is flat out one of the best players in this conference. Stats are tough to go by because a lot has to do with surrounding players. Terran has less assists than many other because we aren't a team that gets a ton of them. The thing that makes Terran one of the best is he can get a shot off from anywhere on the court. He drives it to basket, he can shoot the 3, he can pull up from anywhere, and hell he even takes it up as a point guard. Not only that, but he is ferocious on D, which isn't even really taken into account for player of the year, as it should. Terran opens up the court for guys like shields and pitchford to get easy jumpers and lanes to drive into. Without Terran we would average 45ppg and I don't think thats sarcastic at all. Teams would double Shields all game and play tight on Pitch. Who else is scoring? Terran makes the entire team better and has more energy, and is more electric than any player i've seen in the B1G. I've also watched so many B1G games this year and understand the other great players out there.

• Fire 1