Another year to watch the RPI

huskrplaya

Like I did last year I will try to update the RPI (according to WarrenNolan.com) of the B1G teams each week or so. After 2 weeks, this is the standings:

22. Ohio St.

47. Indiana

53. Penn St.

88. Michigan

101. Michigan St.

113. Nebraska

125. Northwestern

131. Illinois

132. Purdue

210. Iowa

260. Minnesota

• Fire 2

So how fast did you sprint to the car after the pic was taken? :D

I actually miss storms, although I don't wish the damage they do on anyone. I can count on one hand the number of thunderstorms I've seen in the last four years. You'd think I live in the Atacama Desert or something.

All it does is tells you how you have done against the teams you have played so far and how good the teams you play are. Those teams affect you over the time period of the season. The more wins that the teams you play have the better you look...if that makes sense.

Right, I get that to an extent, but how can IU be 2-5 against similar teams as 4-3 Nebraska, but be ranked so much higher? Is this one of those, "it gets more accurate as the season goes on" types of things?

It was going away from us so we were there for a few minutes then kept chasing it. I'm getting excited that storm season will be here in a month. I've lived with a few meteorology majors the past few years (including my brother) so I have chased more times than you have seen storms the past 4 years.

All it does is tells you how you have done against the teams you have played so far and how good the teams you play are. Those teams affect you over the time period of the season. The more wins that the teams you play have the better you look...if that makes sense.

Right, I get that to an extent, but how can IU be 2-5 against similar teams as 4-3 Nebraska, but be ranked so much higher? Is this one of those, "it gets more accurate as the season goes on" types of things?

IU playing 4 true road games to Nebraska's none is probably the biggest thing making the rankings wack right now. Their losses are "better" than ours since 3 of them weren't neutral site games.

• Fire 1

It was going away from us so we were there for a few minutes then kept chasing it. I'm getting excited that storm season will be here in a month. I've lived with a few meteorology majors the past few years (including my brother) so I have chased more times than you have seen storms the past 4 years.

I'm pretty jealous of that! But I now realize that I'm completely off-topic, so I'll ask this...what kind of RPI would you have given that storm? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

After sweeping St Johns, here is the updated list:

9. Ohio St

26. Indiana

88. Illinois

94. Michigan St.

118. Nebraska

120. Purdue

122. Iowa

163. Northwestern

175. Minnesota

203. Michigan

224. Penn St.

Also, we play UC Irvine who is #49 so a series win would put us below 100.

After sweeping St Johns, here is the updated list:

9. Ohio St

26. Indiana

88. Illinois

94. Michigan St.

118. Nebraska

120. Purdue

122. Iowa

163. Northwestern

175. Minnesota

203. Michigan

224. Penn St.

Also, we play UC Irvine who is #49 so a series win would put us below 100.

Lol, after a sweep we dropped 5 spots. I hate these RPI ratings.

Edit: I went and checked the RPI... I guess I'm with Creighton. No clue how these things work. We are 8-5 and ranked 126th right now... the #1 team is 1-2 with 2 losses to the 42nd ranked team?