Sacrifice

Sacrifice  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do the 4 people that voted yes really know what they are answering?

This isn't a question of "are you okay with 5-7 as long as the coach gets fired?".

This is a "do you want the team to go 5-7 so the coach gets fired?".

If you are still answering yes to the second question, GTFO because you are not a Husker fan and you can't qualify a yes with any amount of logic.

I think it will happen that Bo goes 5-7 here shortly unless he decides to get outside help. This poll sucks as its design to so people will only answer one way. Half this board doesn't think Bo can get it done. So there would be no point in wanting Bo to succeed if you don't think he can get it done. See the problem isn't the boleavers it's the bolievers. if you disagree with them you are wrong.

I Set the poll up that way to specifically see if there was actually anybody here who would wish that the team loses in the hopes Bo would get fired. Thus far 4 people actually hate Bo enough they will enjoy losses this year. How is that fandom?

Whether your a liever or a leaver were all Husker fans, well except maybe 4 of us.

Edit: The more I think about it of the 4, we know husker_99 would give up a year. The other 3 are probably either fans of other teams or just voted that way to be funny/ironic. Guess that means 99 is the only fan here who actually will cheer if we lose.

.............you're the man............

see there you go can saying i hate Bo. I don't hate Bo. I just don't think Bo can get it done.

This isn't a question of "are you okay with 5-7 as long as the coach gets fired?".

If you are still answering yes to the second question, GTFO because you are not a Husker fan and you can't qualify a yes with any amount of logic.

I think it will happen that Bo goes 5-7 here shortly unless he decides to get outside help. This poll sucks as its design to so people will only answer one way. Half this board doesn't think Bo can get it done. So there would be no point in wanting Bo to succeed if you don't think he can get it done. See the problem isn't the boleavers it's the bolievers. if you disagree with them you are wrong.

It's fine if you think he will go 5-7. It's fine if you want him fired afterward. It's not fine, as a fan of a team, to hope your team loses so that there is a "good reason" to fire the coach. Whether you think Bo is the guy to get it done or not, you shouldn't wish that on your team. I would rather go 9-4 with Bo as the coach for the rest of my life than to see one losing season.

Damn StPaul you have the bar set kinda low. This is what exactly happens when stagnation occurs in a team. So what if a better coach comes along? Are we suppose to just stick with Bo and miss out on opportunities for someone better? It's easier to fire a coach with a losing season than one who doesn't have one. it's more justified.

Question: which 1 would you choose:

A) Bo goes 9-4 and we win nothing significant forever

B) Bo has a losing season get fired and we hire another coach who finally delivers a championship.

If you knew of one these options would turn out true no matter what, which one which answer do you choose? Now let's go a step further and say these are wishes?

Its all on how you setup the question.

No, it doesn't suck. It's a pretty simple question, not rocket science.

Would you rather the team tank badly and roll the dice on a new coach, or would you rather Bo stay and roll the dice on if he improves?

• Fire 1

It's fine if you think he will go 5-7. It's fine if you want him fired afterward. It's not fine, as a fan of a team, to hope your team loses so that there is a "good reason" to fire the coach. Whether you think Bo is the guy to get it done or not, you shouldn't wish that on your team. I would rather go 9-4 with Bo as the coach for the rest of my life than to see one losing season.

Damn StPaul you have the bar set kinda low. This is what exactly happens when stagnation occurs in a team. So what if a better coach comes along? Are we suppose to just stick with Bo and miss out on opportunities for someone better? It's easier to fire a coach with a losing season than one who doesn't have one. it's more justified.

B) Bo has a losing season get fired and we hire another coach who finally delivers a championship.

If you knew of one these options would turn out true no matter what, which one which answer do you choose? Now let's go a step further and say these are wishes?

I never want my team to lose

I never want my team to lose

i know you would avoid trying to answer. the fact is you don't want to make hard decisions. We've already had two losing seasons. I understand losing sucks and you don't want it to happen it. are you a fan of any sports team that has had losing seasons? I bet you are they happen to every team no matter what. But then when they do something really good and have an excellent season you cherish it more cause of the pain of losing. Watching Bo is like watching a rerun. It gets old after awhile. We beat McNeese state it's not a big deal. We lose to Miami well kinda expected it and if we beat Miami it does gain my interest but there is still more to prove until a complete season is put together. Contrary to popular belief, i don't hate Bo. I do want Bo to succeed but i see a man who can't put it together.

Husker99- I wasn't avoiding making a difficult decision. I think you read only what you want to read. I am just fine with firing Pelini IF he has a losing record. I do not hope we have a losing record ever not because I think Pelini is the best coach but because I don't want my team to lose ever.

Now I know that it is not realistic but it's also not realistic to come up with your hypotheticals about if we knew there is a championship in 3 years with a different coach, would you fire Pelini........ I don't play that game because there is no way to guarantee the outcome. So in the meantime I will stand by not wanting my team to lose.

• Fire 1

Husker99- I wasn't avoiding making a difficult decision. I think you read only what you want to read. I am just fine with firing Pelini IF he has a losing record. I do not hope we have a losing record ever not because I think Pelini is the best coach but because I don't want my team to lose ever.

Now I know that it is not realistic but it's also not realistic to come up with your hypotheticals about if we knew there is a championship in 3 years with a different coach, would you fire Pelini........ I don't play that game because there is no way to guarantee the outcome. So in the meantime I will stand by not wanting my team to lose.

ok.

What time frame are we talking about on the championship and what kind of championship? Natty? Conference? Does it take this new mythical coach 1 year to win? 10? 20? It doesn't honestly matter because it'd be great if we could guarantee a championship, but you can't. We replaced a 9 win coach before, and got 2 losing seasons for it and ended here in this 9 win purgatory you hate so much.

Can Bo get us there? I think he can if he can fix a few small things and the injury Gods don't smite us again.