Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There was a similar poll a few months back, and a surprisingly large number of people voted that yes, Bo will win a national championship at Nebraska, with a good chunk of people thinking that he would do it in 3 years or less.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/68301-will-bo-pelini-ever-win-a-national-championship-at-nebraska-poll/page__hl__%2Bpelini+%2Bnational+%2Bchampionship__fromsearch__1

Now, there's nothing wrong with hoping and being supportive (I wouldn't want to get the "Polo" treatment in the woodshed!), but I simply can't see any realistic predictions that Pelini will take us all the way to the top. Best of luck for Pelini and the team though.

Sure, he can get it done. But, I guess you have to understand there is a lot of things that go into winning championships other than coaching and talent.

tOSU had all the coaching and talent in the world last year and didn't get it done.

Wisconsin lost what 4-5 games during the season and did get it done.

For me if they can cut down on turnovers and play consistent without the rollercoaster play than he will have put them into position to win. Which is good enough. Winning a Con championship often times has a degree of luck in it. More so when there is not a clear cut team better than the others which I think is the case in the big 10 this year.

• Fire 1
Abso friggin lutely! Bo is a good man. Good things come to those that wait. Patience is a virtue. 2 in the bush is better than one in a black kettle smokin pot. Give a man a fish feed him for a day. Teach a fish the nuances of a strong side blitz, make it rain. Those who can do. Those that can't frequent message boards. One two buckle my shoe. Go 9-4 or get shown the door.

Awesome!

Back to the OP, can he do either, certainly. Do I think he will, well I think he will win the CC at some point, but I'd bet against the NC. too many variables not in our favor to win one. We'd have to have the perfect coach to win the NC, like a TO or Sabs, and I don't see us having that guy.

Abso friggin lutely! Bo is a good man. Good things come to those that wait. Patience is a virtue. 2 in the bush is better than one in a black kettle smokin pot. Give a man a fish feed him for a day. Teach a fish the nuances of a strong side blitz, make it rain. Those who can do. Those that can't frequent message boards. One two buckle my shoe. Go 9-4 or get shown the door.

Awesome!

Back to the OP, can he do either, certainly. Do I think he will, well I think he will win the CC at some point, but I'd bet against the NC. too many variables not in our favor to win one. We'd have to have the perfect coach to win the NC, like a TO or Sabs, and I don't see us having that guy.

Disagree completely. No coach will ever be perfect, they just need to fit in well with the school and fan base, and have a philosophy that works, can be recruited for, and that the kids will believe in.

Awesome!

Disagree completely. No coach will ever be perfect, they just need to fit in well with the school and fan base, and have a philosophy that works, can be recruited for, and that the kids will believe in.

That's essentially what I meant.

Im a little shocked that thus far a majority of the board has voted yes to both questions.

I did vote yes to both but with some reserve to the second. Bo could win a Natty after he starts winning CCs. But I still question whether he will be happy here long term once he finds success. Id love him to be a lifer if he can start winning us 11-12 games a year and deliever some league titles. Just dont feel thats how this story pans out.

Im a little shocked that thus far a majority of the board has voted yes to both questions.

I did vote yes to both but with some reserve to the second. Bo could win a Natty after he starts winning CCs. But I still question whether he will be happy here long term once he finds success. Id love him to be a lifer if he can start winning us 11-12 games a year and deliever some league titles. Just dont feel thats how this story pans out.

Winning CC's = less pressure/fan angst/etc. = Happier Bo... just my $0.02

• Fire 1

Substitute the word "can" with the word "will" and this poll flips big time.

I don't know if it flips, but I worded it to match the exact words of husker_99's claim that half the board thinks "Bo can't get it done" there are two questions because I don't know if his it was a natty or conference championship.

I don't know if it flips, but I worded it to match the exact words of husker_99's claim that half the board thinks "Bo can't get it done" there are two questions because I don't know if his it was a natty or conference championship.

If you look at Ulty's link a majority said no but that was just on National Championship. It also depends on when you ask. If it's non fooball season more likely to say yes because they all drink the red koolaid. Ask during the football season and reality sets in. Not enough people are consistent on the program outlook all year long on this board.

If you look at Ulty's link a majority said no but that was just on National Championship. It also depends on when you ask. If it's non fooball season more likely to say yes because they all drink the red koolaid. Ask during the football season and reality sets in. Not enough people are consistent on the program outlook all year long on this board.

The question was also asked after a very disappointing loss to Iowa to cap a disappointing season. Of course more people are going to say no.