Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Substitute the word "can" with the word "will" and this poll flips big time.

I don't know if it flips, but I worded it to match the exact words of husker_99's claim that half the board thinks "Bo can't get it done" there are two questions because I don't know if his it was a natty or conference championship.

If you look at Ulty's link a majority said no but that was just on National Championship. It also depends on when you ask. If it's non fooball season more likely to say yes because they all drink the red koolaid. Ask during the football season and reality sets in. Not enough people are consistent on the program outlook all year long on this board.

The question was also asked after a very disappointing loss to Iowa to cap a disappointing season. Of course more people are going to say no.

true. But there is never a good time to ask it. But less people are on the forums when football isn't on.

I don't know if it flips, but I worded it to match the exact words of husker_99's claim that half the board thinks "Bo can't get it done" there are two questions because I don't know if his it was a natty or conference championship.

If you look at Ulty's link a majority said no but that was just on National Championship. It also depends on when you ask. If it's non fooball season more likely to say yes because they all drink the red koolaid. Ask during the football season and reality sets in. Not enough people are consistent on the program outlook all year long on this board.

The question was also asked after a very disappointing loss to Iowa to cap a disappointing season. Of course more people are going to say no.

true. But there is never a good time to ask it. But less people are on the forums when football isn't on.

12 game regular season, ask after games 3,6,9, and 12 as well as before the first home game?

The beauty of this is nobody has a dadgum clue what this season holds in store for us. It could be more of the same #9 wins, it could be a huge meltdown(highly unlikely), or it could be a marquee improvement with a new QB under center and a revamped young and experienced defense.

With the negativity going no where, I think I prefer to stay optimistic that things improve drastically compared to last season. If walowing in despair is what helps you get through the offseason, hey more power to ya.

So, you're saying that you were wrong? That even with all the negativity, most Nebraska fans (on this site) think that Bo can get it done?

Nobody knows for certain if he WILL get it done, but it's nice to see that the majority of this fan base hasn't lost all hope.

Nobody knows for certain if he WILL get it done, but it's nice to see that the majority of this fan base hasn't lost all hope.

He's not coaching at Indiana, or Iowa State, or Vanderbilt. He's at Nebraska. He has the resources available to him. He "can" get it done. A large number of coaches "could" get it done at Nebraska. Most wouldn't though. I'd have to say Bo falls into that category.

You could say that about all but a few head coaches in Division I. The probability of winning a national championship is very low. Which head coaches do you think would have a majority of votes for "will they win a national championship?" A handful?

You take honest statements as negativity. I thought he did a heck of job last year. Impressed with the effort in the bowl game. Actually seems to have grasped the fan base and how it could help him.

Has he as a coach grown to be able to handle pressure? He has not shown that since possibly the Texas 01 deal. Any other time when he has faced high level talented teams he seems to be out coached, game planned.

Another learning year is ahead. Will he make more headway in becoming a good coach, I think he will, but he is not an elite coach at this time no matter his 9 win seasons. He made some progress, and that is a good thing.

But honesty thinking he will win the CC or ever a MNC is seeing though Husker vision glasses. But again, some on here are only concerned with wins and losses. I want Nebraska to win every game, hope they do, pray they do, but never do I expect them to. If he keeps improving and we stay at or above the 9 total, with quality performances, he has done the job I expect of him. Still short on quality performances for me, but there is improvement.

You could say that about all but a few head coaches in Division I. The probability of winning a national championship is very low. Which head coaches do you think would have a majority of votes for "will they win a national championship?" A handful?

Agree, especially with the national championship thing. I was talking more specifically about the conference championships since it's more controllable. Will Bo win a conference championship? I don't think so. Could he? Absolutely...every year Nebraska has the talent, resources, support, and everything they need to be able to win one.

As for NC, I'd say guys like Meyer and Saban are obvious choices. I think you could make a case for Sark at USC (because it's USC), or Sumlin at A&M. I would have said Chip Kelley a couple of years ago and now we know he probably never will. I certainly wouldn't bet a lot of money on whether or not they will in the next decade or so, I can tell you that.

You take honest statements as negativity. I thought he did a heck of job last year. Impressed with the effort in the bowl game. Actually seems to have grasped the fan base and how it could help him.

Has he as a coach grown to be able to handle pressure? He has not shown that since possibly the Texas 01 deal. Any other time when he has faced high level talented teams he seems to be out coached, game planned.

Another learning year is ahead. Will he make more headway in becoming a good coach, I think he will, but he is not an elite coach at this time no matter his 9 win seasons. He made some progress, and that is a good thing.

But honesty thinking he will win the CC or ever a MNC is seeing though Husker vision glasses. But again, some on here are only concerned with wins and losses. I want Nebraska to win every game, hope they do, pray they do, but never do I expect them to. If he keeps improving and we stay at or above the 9 total, with quality performances, he has done the job I expect of him. Still short on quality performances for me, but there is improvement.

he needs more signature wins, not signature losses.........and stop the blow outs!

Agree, especially with the national championship thing. I was talking more specifically about the conference championships since it's more controllable. Will Bo win a conference championship? I don't think so. Could he? Absolutely...every year Nebraska has the talent, resources, support, and everything they need to be able to win one.

As for NC, I'd say guys like Meyer and Saban are obvious choices. I think you could make a case for Sark at USC (because it's USC), or Sumlin at A&M. I would have said Chip Kelley a couple of years ago and now we know he probably never will. I certainly wouldn't bet a lot of money on whether or not they will in the next decade or so, I can tell you that.

I have a hard time seeing Sarkisian winning at USC. He was definitely not the super popular hire from my neck of the woods. He brought Washington back to a fairly respectable level, but then they leveled off quite a bit. His resume looks IMO like Pelini's only not nearly as good.

I want to see how good Sumlin looks without Johnny Football.

Mora at UCLA is the only real contender I see of coaches that haven't won anything that look promising.