Tim Miles: B1G Coach of the Year?

Tim Miles deserves it...

Predicted to finish 12th... finished 4th-- with 2 seniors/ only 1 of which plays actual time... 3 top scorers are Sophs.

Neb gets something like 70% of its points from soph. The most in the nation. With wins like this the arena and Tim Miles. Starting in 2015 we will be a top 25 team.

This should have sooooo been a poll!!!! I said it yesterday that he should be Coach of the Year, and more-so if he wins tonight! I really hope he does, because he deserves it. Sure Beilein has a better record, but undoubtedly they were thought to win the conference, if not 2nd. We were doubted and were to finish LAST.

Last time I checked, 4th seed isn't last! GBR!!!

I have some obvious bias towards Beilein, but if anybody should win it other than him I think it's pretty clear and I don't think a single rational UM fan would be upset about it.

I think Miles deserves it, but I'd trade it...and I'm sure he'd trade it...for a good tourney run.

Give Beilein credit...he's the only coach that beat Nebraska at PBA....by one point...by basically one inch. Think about that for a moment. Nebrasketball was almost undefeated at home. The team picked to finish dead-last in the conference. Wow. Give credit where credit is due, Coach Miles has really transformed this team. This is coaching at its finest.

• Fire 1

Someone explain to me how Miles didnt have it wrapped up before today, or even last wednesday. I mean, Michigan was supposed to be good. So what the hell's so special about what they've done. We were picked last. By EVERYONE. And now we have what you have to go back to our time in an 8 team conference to find. A top 4 finish.

I have some obvious bias towards Beilein, but if anybody should win it other than him I think it's pretty clear and I don't think a single rational UM fan would be upset about it.

Not like certain other awards that went Nebraska's way, eh? ;)

Seriously though, if it isn't Beilein, it *has* to be Miles. Though I never understood why 'Coach of the Year' (or PotY) had to be synonymous with winning the conference...

Someone explain to me how Miles didnt have it wrapped up before today, or even last wednesday. I mean, Michigan was supposed to be good. So what the hell's so special about what they've done. We were picked last. By EVERYONE. And now we have what you have to go back to our time in an 8 team conference to find. A top 4 finish.

Exactly. Michigan did what was expected of them. Now, if Michigan had a Wichita State-like undefeated run of things...then I could understand.

But some media types equate these CotY and PotY awards with winning the conference--hell, it's why Dr. Tom was CotY all of those times before. And I'm fine with that, *if* there isn't another compelling candidate that overachieved or did something special.

And I think we all know we have a coach that is a special overachiever. :)

No doubt in my mind, Miles should have this. He's doing more with "less" talent compared to others and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be in the NCAA tourney. From preseason dead last pick in the B1G to #4 seed in the B1G tourney and probable trip to the dance. It's obvious IMO............

From a Michigan fan's perspective, here's why we think Beilein has the strongest case. At the start of the season we were projected by most experts to be 3rd in the conference, but then McGary went down before conference play. Going into the Big Ten schedule most people put us at 4th or 5th with absolutely no shot at winning the thing, and we won the conference outright by THREE games. Nobody's won the B1G by that margin in a long time.

The real kicker here though, and something that a lot of Nebraska fans will understandably overlook, is Michigan's 2010-2011 campaign. That Beilein led squad was picked to finish 10th out of 11 preseason, and ended up finishing 4th in the conference and winning a game in the NCAA tournament. That probably sounds very familiar to a lot of your fans this year. Beilein did not win Big Ten coach of the year. That honor went to Matt Painter and his 14-4 Purdue squad.

This is no disrespect to Nebrasketball or Tim Miles at all, btw. I really enjoyed watching your game last night (for a couple reasons) and hope you guys tear it up for the rest of the year. I just think it's Beilein's time to win the COY. Two very deserving candidates.