Johnny Football vs Tommy Armstong

Remember how incumbent Lee was the starter going into his last year? And someone by which name we shant mention for fear of another war between posters, came out of nowhere to start for us opening day. Obviously, not the same situation, just saying don't count anyone out cause we could end up with Jamal Turner starting for all we know.

A little bit different since A) Zac sat out the spring due to surgery, B) Bo and Watson had been planning on moving to more of a zone-read attack for a while, and C) there wasn't full media access to practice like we have this spring. I'm pretty sure that was the first year that Bo hunkered down inside his Fort Knox mentality, and it was to protect Taylor and the others while they were competing for the starting job.

But Johnny getting better can only be a good thing for everyone involved. Everyone says it a lot, but when you really think about it, competing with a guy for the same goal makes you work so much harder.

Why does everyone dismiss the thought of Ryker winning the job? I've been on record saying he has the potential to throw a wrench in the QB race. I hope he gets the job. Or that he transfers to a school to get a better look. I just want to see him play college ball.

Because a lot of people in the know seem to be on the same page that 1) TA is your starter 2) Stanton has a ways to go and 3) Fyfe is behind Stanton.

As I mentioned above, I had a convo. with a local sportswriter in Lincoln, and he said that Fyfe was somewhat of a moot point in the discussion right now. We clearly have a long way to go until the football season starts, but I just get the feeling Fyfe really isn't in a position to be the starter.

Why does everyone dismiss the thought of Ryker winning the job? I've been on record saying he has the potential to throw a wrench in the QB race. I hope he gets the job. Or that he transfers to a school to get a better look. I just want to see him play college ball.

Because a lot of people in the know seem to be on the same page that 1) TA is your starter 2) Stanton has a ways to go and 3) Fyfe is behind Stanton.

As I mentioned above, I had a convo. with a local sportswriter in Lincoln, and he said that Fyfe was somewhat of a moot point in the discussion right now. We clearly have a long way to go until the football season starts, but I just get the feeling Fyfe really isn't in a position to be the starter.

Nor should he be.

Armstrong and Stanton were highly recruited QB's from two of the better states for high school talent, if they lost the job to a walk-on......yikes.

We do have any number of wide receivers who could end up behind Sam Burtch this year...

A far less important role, and I don't seem to remember any WR being pointed to as the "future of Nebraska and proof that Bo gets it with recruiting" like I have with a few QB candidates on the team.

Nor should he be.

Armstrong and Stanton were highly recruited QB's from two of the better states for high school talent, if they lost the job to a walk-on......yikes.

I agree. I obviously want the best player for the job to play, but it would be unsettling to see Fyfe take the position.

IMHO Fyfe is in the same league Latravis Washington was from a few years ago. It's a cool story, but he'll probably sit on the bench or only play mop up in future years.

Nor should he be.

I agree. I obviously want the best player for the job to play, but it would be unsettling to see Fyfe take the position.

IMHO Fyfe is in the same league Latravis Washington was from a few years ago. It's a cool story, but he'll probably sit on the bench or only play mop up in future years.

I sure as hell hope Fyfe doesn't take that attitude. He is only one or two injuries away from being THE man.

And....for the record.....I was reading the same statements about Ganz until he finally took the field.

And....for the record.....I was reading the same statements about Ganz until he finally took the field.

Joe Ganz' success over highly-recruited quarterbacks or being the only good option obviously says a lot about .... something.

You'll defend Martinez and his career record setting numbers TO THE DEATH! You'd fight the demons of the underworld for him and those numbers! Okay Kenny Bell.

But Joey Ganz had a heck of a little run here, played his ass off and set a few records offensively himself at that time......but well, that success he was able to have obviously just says a lot about something else......

To Quote Tombstone - Doc Holliday. "My (landlord of memorial stadium) hypocrisy knows no bounds"......

Not picking on you lately, but you have as of recently been coming off as if your not as full of sh#t as the rest of us.....

Joe Ganz' success over highly-recruited quarterbacks or being the only good option obviously says a lot about .... something.

You'll defend Martinez and his career record setting numbers TO THE DEATH! You'd fight the demons of the underworld for him and those numbers! Okay Kenny Bell.

But Joey Ganz had a heck of a little run here, played his ass off and set a few records offensively himself at that time......but well, that success he was able to have obviously just says a lot about something else......

To Quote Tombstone - Doc Holliday. "My (landlord of memorial stadium) hypocrisy knows no bounds"......

Not picking on you lately, but you have as of recently been coming off as if your not as full of sh#t as the rest of us.....

I have no idea what you're even talking about but I was being sarcastic.

Can we please not call Johnny Stanton Johnny Football. If Johnny Mandummy gets wind of this he may try and sue him or Neb.

I second this notion. Not all Johnny's need to be Johnny Football. Id prefer Stanton to earn the name Johnny Heisman, but Ive been snorting cherry kool aid mix this afternoon.