How do we try and spread the carries: Our spring RB ?'s

For those people inquiring, Jamal has practiced at "QB" every year since he has been here, it isn't like he has never practiced that spot here. He practiced it in wild cat as well as some various other offensive sets. Every. Single. Year. This year, however, he is getting an actual shot at the starting spot and it appears that the reps are going to be frequent and consistent, unlike the past. This is going to be an electrifying QB battle.

Also - Adam Taylor is absolutely jacked and something about our team has changed weight room wise - they look much more like football players now.

I've heard players love Charlton Warren thus far..

• Fire 3

I love it! It is creative using the diamond formation and using individual strengths of each player to incorporate more looks, options, by using, simpler termoniogy, and complimentary play design creating the most efficient use of the ball possible.

Offensive structure and play design must be accountable and tailored to match abilities of each playmaker. At the same time players must use judgement within the confines of a flexible structure to remain disciplined and effective. Simply accountability flows both ways. Beck and Pelini have the tough task of assembling this package and calling it in game situations.

I'm a basketball guy so I relate efficiency in these ideas and examples. Good examples of structure closely tied to player or team strengths.

B Stevens motion with designed pick and roll

Columbia College use of m2m and

Izzos 1999-2000 team

Coach K use of Redick and his options on the ball hand off in a 3-2 motion

Tarkanians use of 1-3-1 with the substitons if the 4/5 player.

Going to have to try and spread some carries around. But, these young RBs need to realize they will get their chance more in the future. After Ameer is gone it will be their time to shine. I don't think it's absolutely necessary we make sure everybody is happy with their carries every game. It's Ameer's team for one more year. Newby will have two more years left, Taylor 3 years, and Imani will get what he gets. Carries will depend on reliability and efficiency of the player, but most importantly what ever results in WINNING.

I think what you hope to do is have AA average about 15 touches through the first 4 games...then when conference season starts that is when you lean on him.

To stay in the Heisman I would think he would need to average 20 over those 4 games. I think he gets a heavy dose as needed against Fresno and UM, hopefully he doesn't get many in the other 2 games.

I think what you hope to do is have AA average about 15 touches through the first 4 games...then when conference season starts that is when you lean on him.

To stay in the Heisman I would think he would need to average 20 over those 4 games. I think he gets a heavy dose as needed against Fresno and UM, hopefully he doesn't get many in the other 2 games.

That is true...

Not too worried about Fresno, but Miami is going to be a better team this upcoming year. They aren't going to be a walkover and we will need to run the ball to win IMO.