That Time of Offseason - Tunnel Walk Music

Maybe the idea to go with isn't just one song or one video feed. Maybe we should do the tunnel walk on multiple levels.

For instance, maybe use a song that builds the drama and bleeds into more of a "KICK A$$" song that the Huskers storm the field to.

Maybe show the "movie like video on the big screen and the team coming out of the locker room on the small screens. And only show the team on the big screen right before the team takes to the field. Or visa versa. Use the ribbon boards better and stop just showing text or just showing the eyes of the football players. How about stream the lyrics to a song or to the fight song on the ribbon board? How about a sound meter where the whole ribbon is black and then fills up with red as the decible level rises until it's at "FULL POWER".... followed by a bunch of cool images and music selected by the fans. Think of it as...hey Husker fan, make the stadium loud and turn on the cool content of Husker Vision.

There are tons and tons of other ideas.

And a lot could be used. Some for the tunnel walk and some to spice up the in game media experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been following this thread for a while now, and have wavered on where I stand on the tunnel walk music rumor. Well after attending this year's Spring Game I have made up my mind...

I don't think the Tunnel Walk music should be touched. I think it should stay as "Sirius." There is nothing else like it.

With that said I really liked what the HuskerVision guys did at this year's spring game. Have some great powerful theatrical music to go along with a pre-tunnel walk video that really pumps up the crowd, and have that music bleed into the actual Tunnel Walk itself with "Sirius." They could change the pre-tunnel walk music for each home game, but for when the players exit the locker room, and enter the tunnel I really hope they choose to stick with the classic, and in my opinion...only option..... "Sirius."

• Fire 3

I have been following this thread for a while now, and have wavered on where I stand on the tunnel walk music rumor. Well after attending this year's Spring Game I have made up my mind...

I don't think the Tunnel Walk music should be touched. I think it should stay as "Sirius." There is nothing else like it.

With that said I really liked what the HuskerVision guys did at this year's spring game. Have some great powerful theatrical music to go along with a pre-tunnel walk video that really pumps up the crowd, and have that music bleed into the actual Tunnel Walk itself with "Sirius." They could change the pre-tunnel walk music for each home game, but for when the players exit the locker room, and enter the tunnel I really hope they choose to stick with the classic, and in my opinion...only option..... "Sirius."

This x1000. The only time the crowd really made any noise other than the drills and sideshows was when Sirius started playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have on good authority from an inside source this will be our new tunnel walk music.

And when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense with everything and the direction Pelini and the program is heading.

And Bo's Cat approves!!

catgif2.gif

agree. leave sh*t alone. its been our bread and butter for years.... it will never be the same if they get rid of Sirius. theres no other music that can represent us comin out of the stadium as well as this one.... hell I cry when I just listen to it drivin around drinkin beer

• Fire 1

agree. leave sh*t alone. its been our bread and butter for years.... it will never be the same if they get rid of Sirius. theres no other music that can represent us comin out of the stadium as well as this one.... hell I cry when I just listen to it drivin around drinkin beer

In 1994 would you have continued to say "leave sh#t alone" before we ever had Sirius?

• Fire 2

In 1994 would you have continued to say "leave sh#t alone" before we ever had Sirius?

exactly, time for a change.

Glad to hear Im not the only one who does that.

Its gonna be strange for a while if it does change, hope they knock it outta the park with whatever they choose.