Cornerback Competition

Josh Mitchell has been getting a lot of pub. Sounds like he has one CB spot locked down. Also, turning into a vocal leader for the defense.

CJax has been looking good at the Nickel spot. Sounds like he put in a lot of work learning the defense before spring practice started.

After today's practice, Pelini said Byerson Cockrell has been looking good as well. Working both at Nickel and Corner.

Also, I hadn't heard this before but apparently Pelini often works with the Nickel backs in practice. Interesting nugget.

There are two kinds of vocal leaders, and Nebraska's secondary has both.

The first is a confident, front-and-center ring leader like senior cornerback Josh Mitchell. He wants to blend fun (when the defense wins) and fury (when it doesn't) all into one series of plays. Several times Saturday, reporters heard “one D!” from Mitchell, who'd huddle up the unit like a coach.

OWH

at this point, given the statements we read, the CB position looks fairly promising. One guy not often mentioned (reasonable in that he is young) is Boaz Joseph. Have I missed it or have there been any comments on Boaz and the likelihood of his contributing this season?

Boaz likely needs one more season before he is ready.

at this point, given the statements we read, the CB position looks fairly promising. One guy not often mentioned (reasonable in that he is young) is Boaz Joseph. Have I missed it or have there been any comments on Boaz and the likelihood of his contributing this season?

Boaz likely needs one more season before he is ready.

The only thing I've seen was one comment that made me think he was working at safety. That really surprised me so maybe I read it wrong.