Average Size of NFL Players by Position - 1950-Present

Mavric

Interesting that the average height of RBs has shrunk about two inches. Good news for AA.

That's the first thing that struck me. That, and that wide receivers aren't taller than listed. It seems like there are tons of 6'4"or taller wide receivers.

I'm somewhat surprised at this data. First off, I'm surprised the average height of RBs has gone down while they have increased in weight.

I'm also surprised that the size of LBs really hasn't changed.

Honestly, from this data anyway, not much has increased other than the size of O linemen. Am I missing it or is D linemen not listed? I would assume they would have increased similar to O linemen but maybe not quite as much.

I'm somewhat surprised at this data. First off, I'm surprised the average height of RBs has gone down while they have increased in weight.

I'm also surprised that the size of LBs really hasn't changed.

Honestly, from this data anyway, not much has increased other than the size of O linemen. Am I missing it or is D linemen not listed? I would assume they would have increased similar to O linemen but maybe not quite as much.

Defensive tackles have got to be even more. Hard to think that a 250 lb guard would have been normal in the Devaney era but now would be a borderline case to make the squad.

Perhaps the running back flatline is because they are averaging the weight of the fullback and halfback of old, which were two very different positions until just recently?

• 2 months later...