All Things Taariq Allen

I really think there's a new article about him every day and comments about a great catch he made after every practice. Part of it is probably his long come-back from injury but he legitimately sounds like he's making a highlight reel catch every practice.

Anyway, here's the latest story about Taariq:

From the stands, the pass seemed destined for a date with the turf.

But the determined wide receiver — you’ll soon see how aptly the adjective “determined” fits — had another view. He turned on his jet pack to meet the ball in the corner of the end zone, readjusting his body to make a play that was anything but routine.

Then you saw the official's hands go up. Then you heard the roar from offensive teammates, running to meet the man.

Taariq Allen had caught the ball and served up another reminder: He’s not messing around this spring.

“I just go, just go, I just go,” Allen said. “I don’t even think about it. I just go.”

What he doesn’t think about is the serious knee injury suffered in the Michigan game in 2012. A week after catching his first career touchdown, a leaping grab that sparked a Husker rally at Northwestern, Allen was carted off the field after the opening kickoff.

It was brutal, the kind of damaging injury where you see a player still hobbling around six months later and wonder if he'll be able to climb all the way back.

LJS

I'm still angry about that play.

It might be my bitterness speaking, but I think the NCAA should have some kind of system of consequence for stuff like that. The Michigan player that hit him did it completely outside of the legal rules of the game, our player gets punished by a year and a half of rehabiliation and the actual offending player walks away unaffected by the entire thing.

• Fire 3

It might be my bitterness speaking, but I think the NCAA should have some kind of system of consequence for stuff like that. The Michigan player that hit him did it completely outside of the legal rules of the game, our player gets punished by a year and a half of rehabiliation and the actual offending player walks away unaffected by the entire thing.

That was definitely a punk a** move by that Michigan player. Cheap shots, faking injuries. ..smh.

That's awesome. At 6'3-200, he seems like he'll be a prototypical outside receiver...although I also remember him as being someone who could fly. He can step right into Q's shoes.

Hope so. I think it's obvious that Bell becomes our top target with Enunwa gone. Just hope that someone can have a big presence on the other side to take the pressure off of him. If it's Allen, great!

That injury a couple years ago looked like it could have been a career ender. So awesome to see Taariq coming on strong now and making a statement.

And this, part of me never expected to hear much from him again after that play. Good for him.

• 3 weeks later...

IIRC wasn't there also no flag on the play?

You are 100% correct.

You are 100% correct.

Thought so, was sitting about 16 rows up in that end zone and watched it happen. I was livid.