The officiating was horse****

I did not say we lost the game because of the refs. You made a point that was incomplete. I do not know what you where watching, but Baylor made no changes because they did not have to worry about foul trouble. The officials also called several touch fouls in the first half which put Baylor on the line a lot. That was the difference, whether you like or not. The fact are the facts!

Their number one player, Chery was in foul trouble early in the second half, so facts are facts right?

Wow, reality is tough for you!

Have you ran out of tissues yet?

Another fact you know?

we were down by 13 at the half and ended up losing by 14. if we had played the first half like the 2nd we would have won the game by -2?

Are you really being serious?

no...i am not being serious. thought i might try to lighten the mood but i seem to have failed.

It's not so much that the officiating was unfair or that it was a screwjob. It was just lousy.

We might have lost, we might have won but both teams and everybody watching deserved better than the show the refs enforced today.

There is a difference between unfair & lousy. Lousy is when bad calls go both ways. Unfair is when one team gets awarded 48 free throws, and the other team 16. It seemed to me, Nebraska got called for stuff the referees would not call on Baylor.

A good team overcomes officiating. We weren't a good team them, and we weren't a good team today. I never said it was "fair". Your just putting words in my mouth and finding something to argue about.

Yes, I did unintentionally put words in your mouth. However, in an earlier post in this thread you wrote "Maybe slightly worse on our end" in regards to the officiating. So by that quote, I inferred that, for the most part, you felt the game was fairly officiated. It was not my intention to put words in your mouth.

That was poorly written by me, and I will admit that. The officiating went in their favor, but there were a lot of stupid nonsense fouls by us. 48 FT's worth? No. Half of that? I do believe so. Like I said before, if we played like we did in the second half, we would have won that game, even with the way it was officiated. Our shooting was spectacular, FT's were being made, and we made 4 3pt'ers. Our defense kept us in that game, despite the fouls that they were getting. Kudos to them too, and even more props to the turn around they had in the second half. I wish the game would have been a lot better, but with the way our game was officiated and the Okie St/Gonzaga game, I am sure some something will be said.

That was poorly written by me, and I will admit that. The officiating went in their favor, but there were a lot of stupid nonsense fouls by us. 48 FT's worth? No. Half of that? I do believe so. Like I said before, if we played like we did in the second half, we would have won that game, even with the way it was officiated. Our shooting was spectacular, FT's were being made, and we made 4 3pt'ers. Our defense kept us in that game, despite the fouls that they were getting. Kudos to them too, and even more props to the turn around they had in the second half. I wish the game would have been a lot better, but with the way our game was officiated and the Okie St/Gonzaga game, I am sure some something will be said.

I agree with you fully that the team played bad...we brought our D game IMO...we play like we did against Wisconsin & IMO we probably win anyways. My issue is that (IMO...based on what I saw...I watched the entire game) the referees let Baylor get away with stuff that they called on us (& more than just once or twice...enough times that I believe the officiating was egregious & that the head official should not be allowed to referee another basketball game)

A good team overcomes officiating. We weren't a good team them, and we weren't a good team today. I never said it was "fair". Your just putting words in my mouth and finding something to argue about.

Yes, I did unintentionally put words in your mouth. However, in an earlier post in this thread you wrote "Maybe slightly worse on our end" in regards to the officiating. So by that quote, I inferred that, for the most part, you felt the game was fairly officiated. It was not my intention to put words in your mouth.

Pretty much this. If we make our season average for 3s in the first half, its a 2point game. If we do the same on free throws, we win. Yeah the refs were lousy, but there were quite a few stupid fouls that were our fault. Terran led the crew with dumb reach in fouls.

It is what it is.

Doug Gottlieb @GottliebShow Congrats to King Karl Hess throwing out Tim Miles #sarcasm

MikeTirico @miketirico The officials on Nebraska/Baylor can not advance. The ejection of Tim Miles was absurd.

glad to see that it's not just a few nebraska fans that thought the refs were out of line

Doug Gottlieb @GottliebShow Congrats to King Karl Hess throwing out Tim Miles #sarcasm

MikeTirico @miketirico The officials on Nebraska/Baylor can not advance. The ejection of Tim Miles was absurd.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Dude just stop trolling. The bottom line is that officiating was bad enough to question the outcome of the game, and the head official has a long and storied history of bad officiating. He needs to be out of the game. It's a sport, not the WWE.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Dude just stop trolling. The bottom line is that officiating was bad enough to question the outcome of the game, and the head official has a long and storied history of bad officiating. He needs to be out of the game. It's a sport, not the WWE.

Trolling? Do you even know what the definition of a troll is? Everything before my ONE gif post was in conversation of opinions. God forbid me for posting a gif!!! I think you need to take a step back and relax some.

I've heard on a few occasions that teams aren't 'adjusting' from game to game with how the referees are calling things that particular night.

So, the bottom line is: Remember our game plan and how we prepared to play this team all week? Well, guess what? Refs said 'hell no,' so just abandon what we thought was a proper game plan and now? Hope for the best.

There has been lots of consistency this season. The refs either consistently let them play, which, according to the new rules, they're not supposed to, or consistently call fouls and turn the game of basketball into watching your grandmother's bridge game, which they're now supposed to do.

Don't get me wrong, NU's horrible shooting was what lost the game. But that was flat-out awful to watch if even if you were just a basketball fan and didn't care who won.

• Fire 2