The officiating was horse****

I don't think I've ever seen more blatantly biased officiating in a college basketball game. What a load of ****! The head official should be barred from ever officiating again...and should forfeit any pay he would've otherwise received for officiating that game (yes, that's how bad it was). Did he have money on the game or something? Because I don't see how someone could possibly officiate a game that poorly without doing so blatantly...

I have a feeling that these refs are gonna get some sort of punishment. Whether that's as simple as a slap on the wrist, or as bad as not allowing to call games for a while, I'm sure something will happen. In my opinion, they should all be demoted for this abortion they called a game. This was the worst officiating I have seen in any level of any sport.

I agree with you - we should be given these games. Just because we're winless in the NCAAs doesn't mean the refs couldn't give us all the calls - why should we have to play well enough to win? They should give us the games - I agree with you on this point.

When the refs call a game a certain way, it affects the way you have to play.

Did the Huskers play like crap? Yes. Did the refs aid in their poor play? Yes.

On the first technical foul, all Tim Miles said to the referee was if you're going to call it at that end you have to call it at our end. On the second technical foul, Tim Miles was telling the ref that they weren't doing their job.

Baylor went on a 14-3 run during that stretch without making a single field goal.

• Fire 2

There is plenty for Nebrasketball to work on so they can get better. The game wasn't called great, but I think Nebraska's shot selection in the first half and subsequent percentage had a lot more to do with the loss.

I would have liked to see what would have happened with the calls if Nebraska tried to attack the basket more instead of uncorking shots.

My issue with the refs has nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Save for a few latter parts of the second half, we played atrocious. All that three-point shooting in the first half was ill advised. A lot of the fouls committed were just dumb. I don't think there's any way you can say this team, staff included, deserved a win or particularly showed for this game.

That ref should still have to deal with the consequences. Sounds like it's nothing new for him.

The counterpoint to that, zoogies, is that Baylor didn't "deserve a win" more than Nebraska. As atrociously as Nebraska played, they made more field goals (23 vs 17 for Baylor) and shot a higher percentage from the field (43% vs. 40% for Baylor).

The only thing Baylor did more than Nebraska was make free throws. And they had 48 attempts vs. 16 for Nebraska.

With a 32-attempt disparity in FT, I don't know how anyone can say Baylor "deserved" to win, or showed up better than Nebraska. They simply had more chances, and those chances came at the hands of the officials.

• Fire 4

We lost and I know some people will say "Nebraska just whines when they lose"

OK, I hate the whining too even if it is justified in some way but I will supply you one tid-bit of information that might make some of those who say the refs didn't cost us anything here to think twice.

Take what you want out of these stats but they are pretty telling IMHO. I doubt either team changed the way they played all season.

Season Total # of fouls heading into the game:

Baylor - 605; Nebraska - 629.

Today:

Total # of fouls in the game: Baylor - 16; Nebraska - 31

http://www.ncaa.com/...ent/team/286/p1

• Fire 1

I have a feeling that these refs are gonna get some sort of punishment.

There is no way the NCAA will let this crap slide.

You guys are giving way, way too much credit to the NCAA. They will do nothing.

The counterpoint to that, zoogies, is that Baylor didn't "deserve a win" more than Nebraska. As atrociously as Nebraska played, they made more field goals (23 vs 17 for Baylor) and shot a higher percentage from the field (43% vs. 40% for Baylor).

The only thing Baylor did more than Nebraska was make free throws. And they had 48 attempts vs. 16 for Nebraska.

With a 32-attempt disparity in FT, I don't know how anyone can say Baylor "deserved" to win, or showed up better than Nebraska. They simply had more chances, and those chances came at the hands of the officials.

Yep. I would still be pissed but fine with it if we played like garbage and the other team played fine, but they didn't. Baylor played awful too. We ended up outperforming them in virtually every meaningful category except for fouls and free throws.

Baylor fan here. That was a rough game to watch, and I feel sorry for you guys, especially since Miles got screwed on the second technical.

That said, this may not be a popular opinion around these parts, but in my opinion, the officiating was in no way biased. It was simply horrendous all-around. Both teams dealt with it the whole game.

A Baylor fan on one of our boards summed it up pretty well at halftime. His words were something along the lines of, "Baylor has seen all types of officiating this year. We've seen 'breathe on a guy and it's a foul.' We've seen 'no blood, no foul.' Blind refs, 'you're playing in Austin and will get no calls refs,' we've seen it all. Nebraska looks and plays like they have not seen that variety of officiating all season, which favors Baylor mentally."

In my opinion, that was the difference in the game. Both team shot horribly. Both team had to deal with key players in foul trouble all game. The difference was that Baylor has dealt with inconsistent officiating from game to game all year. Nebraska was in some ways punished by having better officiating, and by B1G officials allowing a more physical type of play all year.

It's not fair, and it's a horrible way to lose, but it seemed like Baylor adjusted to the officiating at the half (the first half foul disparity was not very big), while Nebraska did not. Your guys kept playing the way they played all year, and the refs kept calling ticky-tack fouls. I was yelling at the TV when fouls were being called on both teams because it was so bad.

It's a shame, because in a well-officiated game I think we would have been very competitive with each other. You guys had a great year, and I hope that you're back in the tourney next year with much more success, and much more competent officiating.

• Fire 2

Baylor fan here. That was a rough game to watch, and I feel sorry for you guys, especially since Miles got screwed on the second technical.

That said, this may not be a popular opinion around these parts, but in my opinion, the officiating was in no way biased. It was simply horrendous all-around. Both teams dealt with it the whole game.

A Baylor fan on one of our boards summed it up pretty well at halftime. His words were something along the lines of, "Baylor has seen all types of officiating this year. We've seen 'breathe on a guy and it's a foul.' We've seen 'no blood, no foul.' Blind refs, 'you're playing in Austin and will get no calls refs,' we've seen it all. Nebraska looks and plays like they have not seen that variety of officiating all season, which favors Baylor mentally."

In my opinion, that was the difference in the game. Both team shot horribly. Both team had to deal with key players in foul trouble all game. The difference was that Baylor has dealt with inconsistent officiating from game to game all year. Nebraska was in some ways punished by having better officiating, and by B1G officials allowing a more physical type of play all year.

It's not fair, and it's a horrible way to lose, but it seemed like Baylor adjusted to the officiating at the half (the first half foul disparity was not very big), while Nebraska did not. Your guys kept playing the way they played all year, and the refs kept calling ticky-tack fouls. I was yelling at the TV when fouls were being called on both teams because it was so bad.

It's a shame, because in a well-officiated game I think we would have been very competitive with each other. You guys had a great year, and I hope that you're back in the tourney next year with much more success, and much more competent officiating.

I can't speak for anyone else but I didn't think the officiating was purposefully biased. Just sh**ty.

I didn't think it was purposefully biased either, but I thought that it was called in such a way that was egregiously beneficial to one team over the other. That's a systemic bias, which is still a bias. Miles got an unwarranted technical for simply pointing this out.

Regardless, congratulations on the win and good luck Sunday.