Future looks bright Huskers!

Outside of today's game, our future looks bright!

We return ALL of our major contributors, and we only lose Gallegos. Will all the respect to Gallegos, I don't believe its that much of a loss. All we need, is another person to be a contributor beyond the arc. We need to get some confidence in Parker and Webster. Parker is dangerous on defense, and I believe he could be a great contributor inside the arc. He was in High School at least. Webster, he just has no confidence. A lot of times this season, he opted out to take wide open shots. We all know the guy can score, he just needs to gain some confidence!

Anyway, we have a very good chance on going to the dance next year, and possibly winning our first tournament game! Cheers to next year, and congrats to Miles and company for the milestones made this year!

The only thing I could add to what needs to be worked on, is consistency. So many times this year, we failed on remaining consistent with the scoring droughts, and we had some issues in responding to diversity on the court. This obviously comes from having a young team, and I am extremely excited to see what next year can bring us!

• Fire 1

I am very excited to see what Tim Miles can do with this team next season...the team has a taste of the big time & everyone should be hungry, knowing what we can do when we play at our best & given how the season just ended.

Miles still has a lot that needs to get fixed...we're a lazy rebound team & way too undisciplined...but what an amazing feat to take an irrelevant team, get the fan base behind them & take them to the NCAA tournament in his second year...Tim Miles has my full confidence & I will watch every game that I am able too. I did not really follow the team this season but wanted to watch the Wisconsin game...found myself pulling for our basketball team the same way I do for the football team & we ended up winning....I am now a fan...I watched the Ohio State & Baylor games & I will continue to pull for our basketball team & watch the games whenever I can

Outside of today's game, our future looks bright!

We return ALL of our major contributors, and we only lose Gallegos. Will all the respect to Gallegos, I don't believe its that much of a loss. All we need, is another person to be a contributor beyond the arc. We need to get some confidence in Parker and Webster. Parker is dangerous on defense, and I believe he could be a great contributor inside the arc. He was in High School at least. Webster, he just has no confidence. A lot of times this season, he opted out to take wide open shots. We all know the guy can score, he just needs to gain some confidence!

Anyway, we have a very good chance on going to the dance next year, and possibly winning our first tournament game! Cheers to next year, and congrats to Miles and company for the milestones made this year!

The only thing I could add to what needs to be worked on, is consistency. So many times this year, we failed on remaining consistent with the scoring droughts, and we had some issues in responding to diversity on the court. This obviously comes from having a young team, and I am extremely excited to see what next year can bring us!

I agree! At the beginning of the year, no one thought we would be here. Miles is a great teacher and we will improve. We will add Smith (PG) and Hammond ©. It would be nice to add one more big man. Nick, like you I will be a fan forever!

One of the biggest things this team needs is point guards who can score. Whether that scoring comes inside or outside is irrelevant. Tai and Benny were basically non-existent on offense, for the most part. No team can succeed when you have one position that can only contribute on one side of the floor.

Good teams have good talent, good coaching, a lot of experience, a lot of heart, and a fair amount of luck. We're going to have 4 of those 5 next year.

The Talent: Webster-Parker-Shields-Petteway-Pitchford-Rivers

Coaching: Miles-Harriman-Hunter-and more that I can't think of

We fought through a tough B1G schedule, finished 4th in the conference, had an 18 point lead in the B1G tournament, and made the NCAA tournament

Heart: self-explanatory

Luck? Won't know until next year.

Two things I think would make a huge difference in this team making the next step.

1). Assists. We have got to increase the assists per game. This would make the rest of our offense that much more affective. This isn't just the addition of a good point guard. It's a team issue.

2). Offensive rebounding. I know it's what they have been told to do but when the shot goes up everyone clears out. Very few second chances. I always feel that is important when your team is putting up threes. Relatively low percentage shot so make sure someone is there to get it and put it back up. We have way too many three point shots with nobody in position to rebound.

I love the direction of the team. Heck. If Miles can make it so nobody is paying attention to spring football, he has accomplished something.

By raising the bar this year and having a mostly intact team returning, I can see where the expectations will be much higher in 2014-15.

No way will we be picked last in conference. No way will we be able to sneak up on anyone.

I'd expect us to be picked in the upper half of the conference pre-season (factoring in who from other schools might declare for the league).

In some ways that will make it more difficult, but I'd much rather be respected than ridiculed.

Plus, the bad taste from the last two games SHOULD be an off season motivating factor for these guys.

QUESTION: Since I believe we are scheduled for an August Australian trip (perfect for this group of veterans to get early time together), will the new recruits be able to be part of that excursion IF they enroll this summer?

I'd still rather lose in the first round in the NCAA Tourney than be in the NIT right now.

If Petteway comes back, which I really think he will, then we will make the tourney with ease next year. We lose almost no talent, and if Tai can develop in the offseason then this will be a pretty well rounded team. Tim Miles might have to replace his right-hand man in Craig Smith, but even without him this coaching staff is amazing.

• Fire 1

I'd still rather lose in the first round in the NCAA Tourney than be in the NIT right now.

If Petteway comes back, which I really think he will, then we will make the tourney with ease next year. We lose almost no talent, and if Tai can develop in the offseason then this will be a pretty well rounded team. Tim Miles might have to replace his right-hand man in Craig Smith, but even without him this coaching staff is amazing.

why so? Smith has done a good job with this team

why so? Smith has done a good job with this team

He's doing too good of a job. I wouldn't be shocked to see him leave to be head coach elsewhere, unless he wants to stick around for a tourney run or something. He applied for the vacant position at USD, and rumor is the job is his if he wants it.

The only thing I could add to what needs to be worked on, is consistency. So many times this year, we failed on remaining consistent with the scoring droughts, and we had some issues in responding to diversity on the court.

Hmm, wonder if he got this from Bo? :sarcasm

Anything is better then being in the 2nd place tournament.