Blackshirt Linebackers

Michael Rose pretty well locked in at MIKE while Roach is getting some good reps in spring ball.

Banderas moved to BUCK - coaches want to get him and Rose on the field at the same time. Not sure what that means for incumbent BUCK Zaire Anderson.

Santos played much better last year after moving back to his more natural position at WILL and should start there.

Will be interesting to see where RS Frosh Courtney Love and Marcus Newby fit in the mix.

Anderson, Rose, Bando ---- Santos, Love/Roach, Newby

I see that being the start of the year 1st and 2nd string

I'm curious on Anderson. I think you're right that Rose will start at MIKE and and it sounds like Bando is working at BUCK so he can get on the field with Rose. Anderson played BUCK last year and was solid. But Santos was playing WILL very well by the end of the year. Not sure if they moved Anderson to WILL so he's competing with Santos. My guess is Bando - Rose - Santos.

I'm curious on Anderson. I think you're right that Rose will start at MIKE and and it sounds like Bando is working at BUCK so he can get on the field with Rose. Anderson played BUCK last year and was solid. But Santos was playing WILL very well by the end of the year. Not sure if they moved Anderson to WILL so he's competing with Santos. My guess is Bando - Rose - Santos.

Yeah, it seems that Anderson is at WILL right now in reading between the lines of the news articles. IIRC Anderson started at WILL in 2012 when he broke onto the scene, exciting everyone despite playing with a torn ACL. If my memory is right, then this move isn't surprising.

Yeah, it seems that Anderson is at WILL right now in reading between the lines of the news articles. IIRC Anderson started at WILL in 2012 when he broke onto the scene, exciting everyone despite playing with a torn ACL. If my memory is right, then this move isn't surprising.

Definitely not surprising, especially considering how high the coaches - and myself, though that doesn't matter nearly as much - seem to be on Bando. But that's two guys who started regularly last year now fighting for one spot. Will be interesting to see how that works out (no pun intended). My guess is Anderson is still in the rotation but Santos gets the majority of the snaps.

I don't see Banderas beating out Santos.

I do, not trying to be a d!ck. For some reason just listening to Bo rave about Bando since last summer makes me think he's something special, they have stated they want to get him and Rose on the field together.

Yes. Essentially this. If we are going to have a LB running around questioning his instincts, make it Love or Newby. Not Santos. Santos needs to be more physical at the point of attack, more decisive, and needs to do some speed work. He also needs to recognize flat routes quicker. I see no reason he should start over Bando.