Top Five Running Backs in the B1G Ten

NUance

by Adam Rittenberg

1. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska: Most consistent back in the league and helps his team in so many ways. Needs to score more touchdowns.

2. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin

3. Venric Mark, Northwestern

4. Tevin Coleman, Indiana

5. Jeremy Langford

Also in the mix: David Cobb, Minnesota; Josh Ferguson, Illinois; Mark Weisman, Iowa

LINK

Interesting that no RB from either tOSU or Meechicken.

edit: Forgot the link in my first attempt. Thanks Mav!

by Adam Rittenberg

1. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska: Most consistent back in the league and helps his team in so many ways. Needs to score more touchdowns.

5. Jeremy Langford

Also in the mix: David Cobb, Minnesota; Josh Ferguson, Illinois; Mark Weisman, Iowa

Interesting that no RB from either tOSU or Meechicken.

OSU just graduated the best RB in the B1G. Let's check this list at the end of next season because I have a feeling there are a few guys on OSU's roster that could have a break out year. Plus the fact they have Miller in the backfield that has the ability to rush over 1,000 yards

But don't they get their backups plenty of carries? That's what good coaches do, right?

Ameer got some quality carries his freshman year, but wouldn't have been anywhere near a "Top 8 Backs in the Conference" going into his sophomore season.

He wouldn't have ended the season there either had Rex not gotten hurt.

So what I take from this is that it's an offseason filler piece that is meaningless and has nothing to do with anything :)

by Adam Rittenberg

5. Jeremy Langford

LINK

Solid list. Gordon and Abdullah were neck and neck last year but I can see Ameer getting the nod because he has much more experience and Gordon will have to share the ball more. Still wouldn't surprise me to see Gordon surpass Abdullah statistically though. I really think they're comparable backs.