Nebr vs Creighton....a Baylor comparison

First off, you have to acknowledge that Creighton beat (slammed) Nebraska head to head.

No argument.

But it should be factored in that that game was back in the beginning of the season when Creighton was a senior laden team built for this year and Nebraska was struggling along fitting together pieces and still unsure of what they had.

And no, I'm not suggesting that that win should be discounted.

But looking at the teams now.............which team would you rather have going forward?

A team that loses virtually everybody, or a team which loses virtually nobody?

Nebraska was ridiculed for only scoring 16 pts in the first half.

Creighton only scored 20

Nebraska scored 44 points in the second half (I'm guessing that would be in the top 10 scoring performances for a half in the tourney so far)

Creighton never posed a serious run, even though they possessed the team with the highly valued "senior leadership"

A legitimate argument can be made that Creighton got pummeled far worse.

Refs were bad in both games, but arguably set a penultimate standard in the Husker game.

As a disclaimer, I felt bad for the Creighton team and coaches. I have high regard for both McDermotts and the way Creighton plays as a team.

I do wonder, however, how this impacts the "Creighton Fan". (you know, the ones who called the radio to gloat in "an hour of hate" after Nebraska's loss on Friday.

How will he/she be able to spin this?

Who has the brighter future looking forward?

I, for one, am already looking ahead to the December matchup at the Vault to continue this rivalry.

• Fire 1

I would think next year the experience factor will be on the Huskers side. Creighton loses nearly all their first 7 or 8 while we keep all ours and add a couple freshmen. Having the game at Pinnacle is another bonus. Personally I hope both programs stay strong as it will create more interest but I also hope it can be a friendly rivalry. For the most part they don't recruit the same players except for a few local kids in Iowa or Nebraska.

Nebraska should beat Creighton next year. Creighton loses 4 starters, 1 of them being the Player of the Year...Nebraska returns everyone except Ray Gallegos. Nebraska will have a significant edge in experience & the game will be at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

I suppose nothing is guaranteed in college basketball...I fully expected Creighton to beat Baylor & thought it might be a straight up **$ kicking.

I am not a Husker fan who dislikes Creighton. I was rooting for them last night and was disappointed when they lost. I have a lot of respect for both Greg and Doug McDermott.

I just love it that we have had really good basketball in the state of Nebraska this year and it has been a fun ride.

That said, I think Nebraska is set up to be more successful next year than Creighton is. We have more experience and if the Nebraska team keeps improving, next year has potential to be a really fun ride.

I hope Creighton stays good so the rivalry is between two really good programs. I was REALLY REALLY wanting the two teams to play again yesterday. Obviously that didn't happen.

Creighton has had more success in recent years, obviously. But with our move the the Vault and hiring Tim Miles I'd have to give the nod to the Huskers. GBR!

Creighton has had more success in recent years, obviously. But with our move the the Vault and hiring Tim Miles I'd have to give the nod to the Huskers. GBR!

Congratulations, you have successfully answered the question...!