Petteway to Get NBA Evaluation

Nebraska men’s basketball coach Tim Miles said Thursday he plans to ask the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee to evaluate Husker sophomore Terran Petteway.

Such a move is strictly informational for the first-team All-Big Ten guard and league scoring leader.

The committee, made up of NBA general managers and player personnel directors, offers a confidential report of a player’s likely draft position. Petteway’s name appeared on some mock draft lists as the season went on.

“That will take place in the next week or so,” Miles said. “We’ve got to get Terran back from spring break to sign off on it.”

Following Nebraska’s NCAA tournament loss to Baylor, Petteway was asked if there is any plan to leave school early.

“As of right now, no,” he said, adding that he hadn’t looked into it because he was focused on the season.

College undergraduates have until April 15 — one day before the spring signing period begins — to declare for the NBA draft. This year, the two-round, 60-player event is June 26.

OWH

I think if he kept playing like he was in late January/early February, he would have been pushing for a 20-25 pick grade. But he really didn't play nearly as well down the stretch. Still good but not like he was playing. I think second round grade as the article said and hopefully that means he stays.

Agree that he needs another year or 2 (hopefully). And also agree with the comment that he regressed somewhat during the latter half of the season (in no small part because of opposing focus on him).

Still, at least this makes some sense. I am reminded of our last player to ask for an evaluation from the NBA early........................eh..........Ryan Anderson...! (that was over the top funny)

I'm not very high on TP as a pro prospect right now. His best bet is to play at NU the next 2 years and try and become a better all around player. There's just not anything his does at a plus level right now. His potential is high but he's definitely someone that could use 4 years in college to get better. I think he's the type that ends up in Europe or the D league just because he leaves early on potential.

I'm not very high on TP as a pro prospect right now. His best bet is to play at NU the next 2 years and try and become a better all around player. There's just not anything his does at a plus level right now. His potential is high but he's definitely someone that could use 4 years in college to get better. I think he's the type that ends up in Europe or the D league just because he leaves early on potential.

I agree. I just didn't see enough of anything in his game that made me say, "He needs to play at the next level."