Texas "Not Interested" In scheduling A&M in near future

Redux

So per ESPN, It appears Longhorn AD is fairly firm against playing the Aggies in a non con series. He claims this is because the best thing in Texas' interest at this time is scheduling games outside the United States.

I'm not kidding.

Scheduling Basketball games against Washington in China is more fulfilling for the brand expansion of Texas than playing an in state rival. The original link is here. Simple Husker fan in small town Nebraska, me, is thinking "Golly gee Texass, is it maybe because 2 years in the SEC and they have essentially taken over the entire states momentum in wins/recruiting/swagger?"

It's not a secret that Texas is only interested in Texas, but come on Bevo & Co., be honest. It's pretty clear you don't want to schedule A&M because your fairly certain it will end badly for you. You have already successfully butchered the Big 8, cut the Big 12 off at the knees, and alienated what teams you have left to call conference mates. There is no title game, therefore your strength of schedule is going to take a huge hit when it comes time to vote the top 4 teams in the country. Congratulations Texas, you have become more stubborn/arrogant than Notre Dame. It took a while but dammit you've earned it.

Ok, rant over. It's the offseason.

Why would Texas schedule A&M knowing that they will get killed by 50? Their big ego can't take that kind of hit.

Exactly. That's why they claim scheduling football games in Mexico is more important. A loss to an SEC team that took over your state and gave you the finger on the way out would be far too embarrassing.

I've never dealt with anything like the hatred of Texas A&M I found on the message boards these past couple of years. It's so unlike the usual suspects {ND, NYY, UM-OSU} that I can't even find an analogy.

Here's a forced one, it would be like taking a vacation in Spain and finding that the locals do nothing but complain about Portugal.

• Fire 1

I've never dealt with anything like the hatred of Texas A&M I found on the message boards these past couple of years. It's so unlike the usual suspects {ND, NYY, UM-OSU} that I can't even find an analogy.

Here's a forced one, it would be like taking a vacation in Spain and finding that the locals do nothing but complain about Portugal.

I don't really see it, but I know feelings are still raw after the official jobbing that Nebraska got when they played A&M on our final bout in the Big 12. My impression is that NU seems to hate Texas way more than A&M. Maybe I misread your comment.

I don't really see it, but I know feelings are still raw after the official jobbing that Nebraska got when they played A&M on our final bout in the Big 12. My impression is that NU seems to hate Texas way more than A&M. Maybe I misread your comment.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to message board hate from Texas to A&M, not Nebraska to you guys.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to message board hate from Texas to A&M, not Nebraska to you guys.

That would make a lot of sense. I think it's a lot that they really viewed us as the "little brother" and that we couldn't do anything without them. Then we went to the SEC, started winning, started dominating them in recruiting, getting more publicity, etc. Basically, we became their worst nightmare where they are now not the most popular program in the state. THAT is why they hate us.

I have no hostility towards A&M in general. Your player with pinchy fingers deserves a kick to the sack but the official jobbing we received that night wasnt courtesy of A&M, it was the Big 12.

^This. I was at the game and actually enjoyed the A&M fans. Pretty friendly and hospitable crowd. The Baylor fans near Waco on the way down were pretty nice too, told us to kick some ass.

That would make a lot of sense. I think it's a lot that they really viewed us as the "little brother" and that we couldn't do anything without them. Then we went to the SEC, started winning, started dominating them in recruiting, getting more publicity, etc. Basically, we became their worst nightmare where they are now not the most popular program in the state. THAT is why they hate us.

Yes that. It is completely confined to the state of Texas and probably mostly to Horns fans. I really had no idea it existed until I discovered Shaggy where there are TWO A&M hate threads that won't answer my basic question:

Who is refusing to schedule whom?

A&M has been on record in the past about "any time anywhere." That being said, most A&M fans have realized that we don't really need to schedule them. We have huge games against teams like LSU, Bama, etc every year. I would be happy to, but that's how it is. This all started because Deloss Dodds wanted to "punish" A&M for leaving for the SEC.

A&M has been on record in the past about "any time anywhere." That being said, most A&M fans have realized that we don't really need to schedule them. We have huge games against teams like LSU, Bama, etc every year. I would be happy to, but that's how it is. This all started because Deloss Dodds wanted to "punish" A&M for leaving for the SEC.

Well, Dodds technically is punishing you guys. A game against Texas these days would be an automatic win for the Aggies. So hes technically sticking it to ya.

I would agree with most people saying that Texass just wants no part of a beat down since A&M is doing well here lately. If A&M was the whipping boy of the SEC, then you can be sure that Texass would want to schedule them and show how tough they were. This will change some day when A&M is in a slump and Texass is doing well. I'm guessing that they will want ot schedule them then.