A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

This is where my interpretation of a blowout is different from most. Some look a a 21 point game and say "blowout". Whereas myself, I look at the game and ignore the score. A blowout is where one team just pretty much doesnt belong on the field with the other on that day. And those games were one possession games into the fourth quarter. Competitive and still in question. Not even close to being in the same relm as a blowout in my opinion.

I would agree with this interpretation. A good example of this IMO would be the Wisconsin/PSU game of last year. I watched the whole thing. Wisconsin looked awful all day and were down by like 24pts late into the 3rd quarter. They score some late to make the game look closer than it was throughout.

MSU last year made me sick. Didn't they score like 21 of there points after TO on our own 25 or closer? NU out yarded them, it was just a bad game of what if?

I listen to S&B, as well. However, I don't take everyword they say on blind faith. For being a fan of 30 years, and someone who wore a jock and doesn't eat pizza( WiFi?), you embarrass yourself on this board quite often

Who said anything about blind faith? It's a simple source of information. Over exaggerate much?

I'd love for you to enlighten me with your wisdom. Please, I wait in anticipation.....

I don't expect us to lose 3 or more, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Whose expectations are more realistic, well taking the past few years and the inexperience on this team into consideration, I'd say mine. Feel free to disagree.

Is that the front running excuse for 2014?

Excuse is the singe most misused word on this board. It's cute.
  • Fire 1

And why exactly do I have provide the solutions for improving? Isn't there roughly 5 million dollars in salaries being allocated to people doing that?

Actually, I think it's valid. Kind of like when people bitch about politics or the government. I tend to ignore people who don't have a solution or plan of their own because it's obvious the don't know what they're talking about. Makes it easier to weed out idiots.
  • Fire 1

Personally, i like when they talk schematics, such as the difference between under and over fronts, the 3 or the 5's responsibilities with different fronts and looks, what the 1 high vs. the 2 high safety looks do and how to combat that, etc.

If you are learning about these things from sports radio then I don't think that you have much business saying the following:

It's easy to mock that which you don't understand.

or:

. . . or random anonymous beer drinking, pizza eating dudes that have never worn a jock.

Because a beer drinking, pizza eating dude who has never worn a jock would probably be learning about schemes from Sharp and Benning.

Dang, people think I'm mean.

Young or not we are talented enough to be in every game this year, no reason we should get embarassed. A loss is a loss but we shouldnt lose by more than a handful of points in any game we happen to drop.

The schedule itself sets up nicely. Couple of breaks before games and no terribly hard stretch. Plus I really like a couole of our road games. The sos may not be overly impressive on a national scale but it is certainly respectable enough that we should be in a playoff discussion should we earn an undefeated season.

agreed

I don't expect us to lose 3 or more, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Whose expectations are more realistic, well taking the past few years and the inexperience on this team into consideration, I'd say mine. Feel free to disagree.

Is that the front running excuse for 2014?

Excuse is the singe most misused word on this bored. It's cute.

+100

Maybe it's the offseason kool-aid, but it's like Landlord's status says: this roster is exciting. Brimming with talent, athleticism, and potential. Every year in college football there are players that haven't played for years, but there's a good, dynamic mix of veteran talent and up-and-comers -- many of whom have already gotten their feet wet. It seems very clear to me that top to bottom, the roster hasn't been in shape this good since 2010.

Given that, knocking this group down as too inexperienced to expect too much out of smacks exactly like an excuse. I know that we're one QB injury away from rallying around a freshman again. But everything else? There should be high expectations for this group, and by the way, that's a credit to Bo Pelini's better-than-he-gets-credit-for recruiting from the recent past.

• Fire 1

And why exactly do I have provide the solutions for improving? Isn't there roughly 5 million dollars in salaries being allocated to people doing that?

Actually, I think it's valid. Kind of like when people bitch about politics or the government. I tend to ignore people who don't have a solution or plan of their own because it's obvious the don't know what they're talking about. Makes it easier to weed out idiots.

Good to know that I've never worn a jock, drink beer and am an idiot. Without this thread I might have thought the opposite to be true. Thank God personal attacks are allowed against people who don't pull the optimistic line.

Good to know that I've never worn a jock, drink beer and am an idiot. Without this thread I might have thought the opposite to be true. Thank God personal attacks are allowed against people who don't pull the optimistic line.

Nowhere did I say that specifically about you. Try not to be such a martyr. You're a passive aggressive poster who pulls that card when it's turned on you. Don't like it, don't do it.

And FYI, I'm a realistic person, not a pessimist or an optimist.