A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

I think you're right that we showed we could've hung with MSU to the end, Redux. We could've beaten them with cleaner play. It's just that we didn't -- like so many games before that where we showed we could match up or get the better of a good team on a big stage, we ended up losing handily. But yeah, the positives we showed are a reason why I think we have a pretty legitimate shot at MSU this year.

that is very much how i felt about ucla going into last year. but nebraska generally either competes for most of a game and then gets blown out or is losing most of the game and then snatches victory from the jaws of defeat. or they just blow out a pretty bad team.

I don't expect us to lose 3 or more, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Whose expectations are more realistic, well taking the past few years and the inexperience on this team into consideration, I'd say mine. Feel free to disagree.

Is that the front running excuse for 2014?

That or the fact that 2014 is clearly not 1997

Whose expectations are more realistic, well taking the past few years and the inexperience on this team into consideration, I'd say mine. Feel free to disagree.

So there's this.

Or there's this in the status updates.

"Guys, am I alone in looking at our roster for next year and being really excited at the quality and depth of virtually every position on the team? We've got a really solid unit coming up."

It's not 1997. 3-4 losses. Gotcha.

Where was that said? If y'all can see or choose to ignore the changes in both the program and football in general then that speaks about you not the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure we are speaking to the changes specifically to Nebraska football, our displeasure about it, and how it should change.

It's not 1997. 3-4 losses. Gotcha.

Right, and other teams have nice weight rooms. It was so much easier when we were the only school who lifted weights and the other teams only had a medicine ball and a book on phrenology for S/C

• Fire 3

So, are you saying that we don't have a bunch of inexperienced guys expected to play big roles, or that inexperienced guys should just be better than the guys before them? Kinda like sprinkle some fairy dust on them and "Boom!" they're magically great.

So there's this.

"Guys, am I alone in looking at our roster for next year and being really excited at the quality and depth of virtually every position on the team? We've got a really solid unit coming up."

I must have forgot where I said that second post. Please remind me when I did.

So there's this.

I'm saying that people don't agree with your excuse and you probably should find a new one for why Nebraska underachieved or will next year.

So, are you saying that we don't have a bunch of inexperienced guys expected to play big roles, or that inexperienced guys should just be better than the guys before them? Kinda like sprinkle some fairy dust on them and "Boom!" they're magically great.

Our coaches do seem to say "boom" a lot. Maybe you've uncovered their method of player development.

So there's this.

I'm saying that people don't agree with your excuse and you probably should find a new one for why Nebraska underachieved or will next year.

Oh,so you're just throwing crap against the wall. Can't believe it took me this long to come to that conclusion. Continue on....

Hunter 74's reponses to every thread: I listen to S&B, and I've been a fan of this program for 30 years.

I prefer to make informed decisions, not base my opinions based on my own dillusions or non-truths on a message board.

Shoot me,

Then Bo next.

Basing your conclusions on a sports team by relying on information on the local talk radio show is akin to forming your political opinion by listening to Rush Limbaugh or Keith Olbermann.

• Fire 4