Sound System/ Inernet Update in Stadium

It would be nice, but I rarely even bother looking at my phone during games. Maybe at halftime to check in with my friends or see how the tailgates are going, but it doesn't really matter to me what happens with the WIFI.

The sound system is a different story. I'm ready for some good news on that, but huskeraddict is probably right, it'll be done this summer.

It would be nice, but I rarely even bother looking at my phone during games. Maybe at halftime to check in with my friends or see how the tailgates are going, but it doesn't really matter to me what happens with the WIFI.

The sound system is a different story. I'm ready for some good news on that, but huskeraddict is probably right, it'll be done this summer.

I am one who loathes those using their phones while the game is active but during long stoppages during timeouts, quarter breaks, possession changes, etc., it's nice to check up on Twitter to get updates for injuries, play challenges and the like. I will certainly welcome the WiFi if it works well.

Foppa post said ....

I'm all for the upgraded sound system. And I use Wi-Fi all the time. That said, I think Wi-Fi is a terrible idea. Why, you ask? We've already got all the blue-hairs sitting on their hands or discussing who won at Bingo the night before, but with Wi-Fi now we'll have this:

Before Wi-Fi:

cheeringgirls.gif

After Wi-Fi:

Jx2MW3f.jpg

I understand using it during halftime or between quarters, but there's no way you can convince me that a LOT of fans, especially students, will start paying more attention to their phones and less attention to the game. Memorial Stadium already gets too quiet too much. Don't really think there needs to be another distraction from cheering on the Huskers.

I agree (minority voice here)

I'd like to see a full season with improved wifi before I judge how the fans will be. I know this is different, but there are several arenas I know of that have good wifi for basketball games, and I haven't noticed changes worth noting in the fan bases. I don't think Nebraska will be some magically different place than somewhere else, in this regard.

As I've argued in the past, one of the most important factors to stadium noise is the product being displayed on the field. That's a far bigger concern to crowd noise than how many people have access to Twitter.

I'd like to see a full season with improved wifi before I judge how the fans will be. I know this is different, but there are several arenas I know of that have good wifi for basketball games, and I haven't noticed changes worth noting in the fan bases. I don't think Nebraska will be some magically different place than somewhere else, in this regard.

As I've argued in the past, one of the most important factors to stadium noise is the product being displayed on the field. That's a far bigger concern to crowd noise than how many people have access to Twitter.

Pinnacle Bank Arena got their wifi installed and running smooth before the Wisconsin game - anyone care to say it had a negative effect on fans' attention that night? :P

• Fire 1

Pinnacle Bank Arena got their wifi installed and running smooth before the Wisconsin game - anyone care to say it had a negative effect on fans' attention that night? :P

But everyone likes Tim Miles more than Bo.