Cane fan here, thinking of taking the trip to Lincoln in September...

As you all know, the Canes face off against the Huskers this fall in Lincoln. I'm a recent UM grad contemplating taking the trip from NYC with a few friends and staying for the weekend.

I'm just wondering what the game day experience is like (surely far better than Sun Life Stadium's clown show), how the city/food/transportation is, where to stay, where to party with some Nebraska chicas, etc.

Also, you guys gonna be any good this year?

NYCane, welcome. You've come to the right place. As Always we are optimistic/pessimistic about our upcoming season. We're young but talented, looking to be a good year. We are looking forward to the game against Miami.

I promise you 110% will enjoy your trip here. Maybe we are biased but our game day experience is still one of the best in the country. Memorial stadium will undoubtedly be packed to the brim that day. You will be treated as well as your own fans would treat you, maybe even better. Our tailgaters are friendly folk who will likely invite you to join them. You won't find a nicer bunch of people ready to talk football and the glory days, especially with an old familiar face such as the Hurricanes. Make the trip, you won't be disappointed. In turn Husker fans will pack Sun Life next year for the rematch.

Hope to see you in Lincoln. What's the outlook on the Canes this year?

MIAMI

2390.gifWhen: 6 p.m. on Saturday (ESPN3)

Where: Sun Life Stadium

One thing to watch: Defense, defense, defense. It’s been an area of concern, but the defense showed signs of progress this spring. The Canes return eight starters and 16 players from the two-deep depth chart. Denzel Perryman is now playing middle linebacker, and Dallas Crawford moved to safety to give that position a boost. Those within the program have said repeatedly that the defense has made strides since last season, and overall it was a good spring for the defense. We’ll see if they can punctuate it in the spring game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/69080/acc-spring-games-preview

As you all know, the Canes face off against the Huskers this fall in Lincoln. I'm a recent UM grad contemplating taking the trip from NYC with a few friends and staying for the weekend.

I'm just wondering what the game day experience is like (surely far better than Sun Life Stadium's clown show), how the city/food/transportation is, where to stay, where to party with some Nebraska chicas, etc.

Also, you guys gonna be any good this year?

If you let Huskerboard know if you do decide to make the trip I am sure you will get invited to a few members tailgates, and will be welcomed by many others around the stadium.

• Fire 1

Come down. You all will able to get drunk for free the entire time. It says something when we constantly have opponents fans come back here to say how enjoyable their trip was. I guarantee you will love the experience. Also there are rumblings of gameday since they have to choose non conference games in the summer. Plenty of food, a lot more hotels since the addition of pinnacle bank arena. Lots of festivities and partying. The bar scene in lincoln is better than majority of colleges in the U.S. I've been to 5 road games and nothing stacks close to Lincoln or the atmosphere. We have fans come up to us saying how they love coming to lincoln for games and can't wait to come back. After all, we are a football state and the town practically shuts down on gameday Saturday

• Fire 1