Spring Game (Over)Reaction Thread

Hmm. After watching it I can't really say Fyfe and Stanton played significantly better than Armstrong anyway. Especially considering neither of them went up against the first team defense. Tommy did have a rough start but his pass to Reilly in the 4th was probably the best throw of the day*. Mitchell was glued to Reilly on that one, but it ended up going for 51 yards. Reilly looked pretty good all day, by the way.

*Aside from Kenny Bell's throws, of course.

I said this at the tailgate before the game and it was reaffirmed watching the game. That even though there may be a gap now, it the light comes on mentally over the summer for Stanton, this qb competition will heat up bigtime. But I'll still take the word over coaches-and what is now media guys as well-that are watching practices everyday for the last 3 weeks or whatever that say right now Tommy is the guy. I'll take their word for over witnessing what was, well let's just say it, nothing more than a 2 1/2 hour screw off session.

So is Reilly going to be the latest "ZOMG HE MADE PLAYYZZZ IN TEH SPRING GAME" player to never be heard from again?

I don't think he'll overtake Kenny Bell on the depth chart, if that's what you're saying. He seemed to be the main backup at Kenny's spot. Which is why he got so many first team reps today.

Hmm. After watching it I can't really say Fyfe and Stanton played significantly better than Armstrong anyway. Especially considering neither of them went up against the first team defense. Tommy did have a rough start but his pass to Reilly in the 4th was probably the best throw of the day*. Mitchell was glued to Reilly on that one, but it ended up going for 51 yards. Reilly looked pretty good all day, by the way.

*Aside from Kenny Bell's throws, of course.

Pretty sure Fyfe's 11 play 70 yard drive was against the 1st team D (minus like 3 guys). But yeah, tough to really tell. We don't need another Carnes situation.