Spring Game (Over)Reaction Thread

Well, i didn't see one of these so I thought I'd create one so we could discuss good and bad things we saw today.

So far (tuned in a bit later... score was 6-0 White) Tommy has been underwhelming to me. Everyone around the program, from the coaches to the players to the local media types/ex-players like Benning, seem to spend all day talking up TA's leadership qualities and confidence.

While not a burner, I think he's usually very adept at running the option and zone read for us. But his arm and decision making through the air still continue to leave me unimpressed. Threw a pick to Gerry shortly after a tuned in and there was NO ONE red in the area. He has a lot of throws like that or ones where he throws one route and the receiver seems to run another.

Hell, look at his stats. In the bowl game, if you take away the 99 yard bomb to Enunwa, he's 5-13 for 64 yards and 1 TD-1 INT.

We shall see. He may not be a world-beater yet but he's probably the best we've got. Question is, is he good enough? He's got some leash after that epic pitch in the Big House last year...

Good call on the thread :thumbs

Just tuned in. They wrapped up a punt return drill and now true freshman Zach Darlington is in.

Defense just picked off Darlington on a deflection to retake the lead over the offense.

Ameer Abdullah's goal: "Win a Big Ten championship."

Ryker Fyfe having the best game of the QBs so far? Sounds like Newby/Taariq Allen both have TDs.

Kenny with a well-spoken interview. Apparently he was competing with Bo to see who could hit the most balls on the goalpost from 40-yard throws.

Johnny Stanton & Adam Taylor in now with the 2's on offense.

Joe Ganz still on the sidelines? I thought he had moved on.

Imani with a 39-yard touchdown run, second TD of the day. 100 yards on the day. Davison says it's a bad angle by safety D.J. Singleton. Cross certainly putting in a lot of good work today.

Offense up, 25-20, pending PAT.

For someone who's frequently regarded as being too slow, he sure breaks a lot of long touchdown runs. :lol:

Imani with a 39-yard touchdown run, second TD of the day. 100 yards on the day. Davison says it's a bad angle by safety D.J. Singleton. Cross certainly putting in a lot of good work today.

Offense up, 25-20, pending PAT.

For someone who's frequently regarded as being too slow, he sure breaks a lot of long touchdown runs. :lol:

Because once he gets into the second level at full speed, no DB will be able to bring him down.

LeGarrette Blount seemed to do that too for New England last year.

Some former players in the stadium today. They've interviewed Lavonte David and are talking to Prince now. Hope somebody can take over for the second half updates.