Ryker Fyfe = Colin Kaepernick

why only have one. not that northwestern was some powerhouse by any means but they could tear some stuff up with that dual qb threat. hell if there all 3 so close which right now seems to be the case but at the same time to me its like each one has there certain abiltily that the others don't have. tommy with the elusive running. Stanton just throws a hell of a ball, and ryker, well he did it all on sat it seemed. but if you can keep opponents constantly on their heels with a multiple qb .. why not. just a thought, course you got the issue of the offense constantly adjusting though too...

The old saying goes "If you have more than one quarterback you have none."

This isnt always true as I remember LSU doing it quite well a couple years ago. Problem is these guys get better with experience. The less they play the less experience they gain. So if they all three split time equally, if one isnt progressing they likely all are struggling to progress.

Yeah...having two quarterbacks has a very, very, very low success rate.

Again, Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida were replacing Heisman finalists. We're not. (which is why I think we'll be fine). Anyone overly worried at this point is placing way too much value in the role Martinez played.

Oklahoma had a rough time replacing Landry Jones (not a Heisman finalist) - beat Bama with Trevor Kight

West Virginia had a rough time replacing Pat White (not a Heisman finalist).

Michigan after Denard Robinson - never won any significant games with him.

Michigan State after Kirk Cousins - just won the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl with Connor Cook.

Virginia Tech after Tyrod Taylor - went to the Sugar Bowl with Logan Thomas.

Houston after Case Keenum - who cares.

Kansas after Todd Reesing - who cares.

idk

good morning

• Fire 1

why only have one. not that northwestern was some powerhouse by any means but they could tear some stuff up with that dual qb threat. hell if there all 3 so close which right now seems to be the case but at the same time to me its like each one has there certain abiltily that the others don't have. tommy with the elusive running. Stanton just throws a hell of a ball, and ryker, well he did it all on sat it seemed. but if you can keep opponents constantly on their heels with a multiple qb .. why not. just a thought, course you got the issue of the offense constantly adjusting though too...

The 2 biggest negatives imo of having a 3 QB rotation is that

1. The "starting" qb never really has a sense of job security, and therefor will be pressing to much, and end up not being aggressive enough to lead drives consistently or be overly aggressive and make a ton of mistakes . You cant ever play to your full potential when your not able to relax and just play the game because you feel like if you make any mistake at all you will be riding the pine

2. It prevents your QB's from being able to get into a rhythm through out the game. It usually takes a couple of drives to really get settled in and comfortable during a game, and if the QB is not playing every drive it is hard to get comfortable.

3. You lack the ability of having a true leader at the QB position. The one position on the offense where a leader is the most needed. It is the most important position on the field and not knowing who your going to be looking at to lead you down the field from drive to drive is usually not a good thing

• Fire 1

Sorry but I'm not sold on TA4 after watching the mistakes he made in big games, i.e. throwing 3 picks against Northwestern, including the one that should have sealed the game, the pick in the 1st quarter thrown right to a MSU defender, the fumble right before the half only down 13-7 that quickly turned into a 20-7 deficit at half, the 3 picks against Purdue, etc.

Basically I believe that he presses too much, and we need a guy that can intelligently run this offense, and not put our teams into positions where we need a miracle Hail Mary. Turnovers are this teams biggest problem, and with the way Fyfe threw the ball, he wasn't throwing into coverage like TA4. Just understand that we need more of a game manager at QB honestly having Abdullah back there. Just pound the ball, and Fyfe can make the simple, accurate throws and limit turnovers, and I bet we win more games.

Basically I believe that he presses too much, and we need a guy that can intelligently run this offense, and not put our teams into positions where we need a miracle Hail Mary. Turnovers are this teams biggest problem, and with the way Fyfe threw the ball, he wasn't throwing into coverage like TA4. Just understand that we need more of a game manager at QB honestly having Abdullah back there. Just pound the ball, and Fyfe can make the simple, accurate throws and limit turnovers, and I bet we win more games.

Wait a minute, you saw a guy make a few throws in the spring game, and now you would bet that he would win more games than the guy who came off the bench to go 7-1 against live competition?

Wait a minute, you saw a guy make a few throws in the spring game, and now you would bet that he would win more games than the guy who came off the bench to go 7-1 against live competition?

LOL....welcome to Husker football fans.

I'm just sick of all the turnovers, and I haven't seen proof that TA is going to limit them. I'm sure he will start, but he's going to have to play at a higher level if he wants to be successful.

I'm just sick of all the turnovers, and I haven't seen proof that TA is going to limit them. I'm sure he will start, but he's going to have to play at a higher level if he wants to be successful.

We all are. And no one will disagree he needs to elevate his game. He was thrown into the fire. Probably didn't think he'd play 50 snaps going into the season. Give him a full year of prep. It does scare me that TA seems to be cut from the same mold as Taylor in regards to pressing the issue. He wants to be the man. I'm one of those that would love to see what Beck and these offensive weapons we have could do with someone that manages the game, distributes the ball and limits mistakes. I'm certainly far from writing Armstrong off though. He could be that guy. I just wonder what is being coached into him that makes him think he has to do everything. (or why we continue to get that impression of our QBs)