Rancher vs. Feds

This is what it's really about: http://www.conservat...nese-solar-farm and here

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/31/us-usa-china-reid-solar-idUSBRE87U 06D20120831.

Yes, the rancher went about this in the worst way possible but for the Feds to spend over a million dollars to round up some cattle? Come on. I really liked the "1st Amendment Area" signs that the Federales posted too. Since when is it an area and not a right? This had Waco and Ruby Ridge written all over it. Once the story above ran on Drudge, the Feds were gone three hours later. Otherwise, this had the potential to turn into a bloodbath for all involved. And if it really were about the tortiose, why were the all the tacticool coperators running around on ATV's.

:lol:

The government should shoot his cattle and use the meat to feed homeless children in Nevada until he abides by the law. Let's see how long he holds out then.

My thought was that it's dumb to spend any money rounding them up. Tell Mr. Bundy that he can remove his cattle immediately or one will be shot every 5 minutes. Hell, they can pay me to do it if they need a volunteer.

His choice.

The government should shoot his cattle and use the meat to feed homeless children in Nevada until he abides by the law. Let's see how long he holds out then.

My thought was that it's dumb to spend any money rounding them up. Tell Mr. Bundy that he can remove his cattle immediately or one will be shot every 5 minutes. Hell, they can pay me to do it if they need a volunteer.

His choice.

do they pay volunteers?

His choice.

You know what cattle are bringing these days? Doesn't cost that much to round them up. Good money to be made.

His choice.

do they pay volunteers?

I'd accept steak, beer, and ammo. (That's actually a standing offer.)

His choice.

You know what cattle are bringing these days? Doesn't cost that much to round them up. Good money to be made.

I do, actually. Almost makes me wish that we hadn't sold ours. Almost.

I wondered when this would show up here.

Bundy is nothing more than a criminal and an idiot, as were all the people out supporting him. His contention has been that he should owe the state or county the fees, not the federal government (he'd really like to get away with not paying at all, but he probably knows that isn't "realistic"). The problem is, his court battles and appeals have all ended in emphatic decisions against him, thus upholding BLM's authority over the land - which has always been the case since the BLM's formation, and dates back even further to the first laws governing grazing and range management.

The problem facing the BLM is that as soon as some idiot gets in front of a camera and starts rambling on about personal freedom and local/state rights on the range, hundreds of morons with guns get all riled up. Bundy belongs in jail, period.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/31/us-usa-china-reid-solar-idUSBRE87U 06D20120831.

Yes, the rancher went about this in the worst way possible but for the Feds to spend over a million dollars to round up some cattle? Come on. I really liked the "1st Amendment Area" signs that the Federales posted too. Since when is it an area and not a right? This had Waco and Ruby Ridge written all over it. Once the story above ran on Drudge, the Feds were gone three hours later. Otherwise, this had the potential to turn into a bloodbath for all involved. And if it really were about the tortiose, why were the all the tacticool coperators running around on ATV's.

I guess I need to get into the cattle rounding up business. I own a few horses and a horse trailer. I have experience doing it. If I can make a million dollars rounding up one rancher's cattle....heck...I could do this and be set of life.

catintinfoilhat.jpg

Also, there is one more element to consider: part of the underlying reason for the removal of Mr. Bundy's cattle is an endangered desert tortoise. Few things rankle the more right-wing people that I know than government policies protecting endangered species.

This article from less than a year ago:

http://www.huffingto..._n_3813133.html

read the dallas w. comment after the article. :)

Hardly, Junior. Reid is a lying, conniving POS. He'll stop at nothing to get that land so he can further line his pockets. All one needs to do is follow the money. But, this has gone far past cattle and grazing rights. The Fed's response was both ridiculous and unnecessary. Cool guy cops with Oakley's, plate carriers and M-4's? MRAPs and snipers on the ridge lines? First amendment areas? Unlawfully seizing firearms? Who could possibly be OK with that? Don't take this as some kind of defense for Bundy's actions because its not. He likely is as big an ahole as he is made out to be. I'm jut stunned that some here think what the Feds did was OK. What if they would have fired on someone in the protest group? Would anyone be OK with that?

EbylHusker, is any gun owner pissed about this abuse of perceived Fed authority a moron? Just checkin' because that's a very broad brush you're paintin with there.

Hardly. Reid is a lying, conniving POS. Answer a question for me. Why, after 20 plus years, are they just going after him now? All you need to do is follow the money.

Maybe because it's now been 20+ years? We can certainly follow the debt if you'd like. Appears to lead to one Cliven Bundy.

Hardly, Junior. Reid is a lying, conniving POS. He'll stop at nothing to get that land so he can further line his pockets. All one needs to do is follow the money. But, this has gone far past cattle and grazing rights. The Fed's response was both ridiculous and unnecessary. Cool guy cops with Oakley's, plate carriers and M-4's? MRAPs and snipers on the ridge lines? First amendment areas? Unlawfully seizing firearms? Who could possibly be OK with that? Don't take this as some kind of defense for Bundy's actions because its not. He likely is as big an ahole as he is made out to be. I'm jut stunned that some here think what the Feds did was OK. What if they would have fired on someone in the protest group? Would anyone be OK with that?

What are the protest groups doing there in the first place? Quite frankly, it's none of their business and I doubt that M-4s and MRAPs would have been necessary if every group of right wing nut jobs this side of the Mississippi hadn't rallied to defend this common criminal's ongoing criminal behavior.

Not to mention that this wouldn't even be in the news if the local yokels didn't turn out.

• Fire 2

What are the protest groups doing there in the first place? Quite frankly, it's none of their business and I doubt that M-4s and MRAPs would have been necessary if every group of right wing nut jobs this side of the Mississippi hadn't rallied to defend this common criminal's ongoing criminal behavior.

Not to mention that this wouldn't even be in the news if the local yokels didn't turn out.

They showed up when word got out about the b.s. first amendment areas and the roads were being blocked. That's the 1st and 4th amendments the fed's wiping their collective ass with. So, I take it you're cool with that? Bundy is an idiot, that much is obvious but rolling heavy with a mechanized infantry company is b.s.

As for your last sentence, the Feds counted on them staying home. But they didn't and the Feds didn't have a plan for that. So the serfs are just supposed to stay home? Don't look behind the curtain and everything will be o.k?

Why do you suppose they bailed when they did?