Rancher vs. Feds

Hardly. Reid is a lying, conniving POS. Answer a question for me. Why, after 20 plus years, are they just going after him now? All you need to do is follow the money.

Maybe because it's now been 20+ years? We can certainly follow the debt if you'd like. Appears to lead to one Cliven Bundy.

Again, why wait 20 years? Is that the magic number?

Hardly, Junior. Reid is a lying, conniving POS. He'll stop at nothing to get that land so he can further line his pockets. All one needs to do is follow the money. But, this has gone far past cattle and grazing rights. The Fed's response was both ridiculous and unnecessary. Cool guy cops with Oakley's, plate carriers and M-4's? MRAPs and snipers on the ridge lines? First amendment areas? Unlawfully seizing firearms? Who could possibly be OK with that? Don't take this as some kind of defense for Bundy's actions because its not. He likely is as big an ahole as he is made out to be. I'm jut stunned that some here think what the Feds did was OK. What if they would have fired on someone in the protest group? Would anyone be OK with that?

What are the protest groups doing there in the first place? Quite frankly, it's none of their business and I doubt that M-4s and MRAPs would have been necessary if every group of right wing nut jobs this side of the Mississippi hadn't rallied to defend this common criminal's ongoing criminal behavior.

Not to mention that this wouldn't even be in the news if the local yokels didn't turn out.

They showed up when word got out about the b.s. first amendment areas and the roads were being blocked. That's the 1st and 4th amendments the fed's wiping their collective ass with. So, I take it you're cool with that? Bundy is an idiot, that much is obvious but rolling heavy with a mechanized infantry company is b.s.

As for your last sentence, the Feds counted on them staying home. But they didn't and the Feds didn't have a plan for that. So the serfs are just supposed to stay home? Don't look behind the curtain and everything will be o.k?

Why do you suppose they bailed when they did?

The First Amendment does not protect a person who is issuing threats. Nor does it allow people to run around waving guns around. Go ahead and try that yourself, I'm sure you will meet some cops in less than 5 min. There are no "rights" being stepped on. This is about a jackass hillbilly who somehow cant comprehend that because someone back a couple generations was allowed to use some land that they did not own, does not entitle him to use it. And I assure you, his ancestors in the 1870's got the land they have from the Federal Government to begin with. They simply didnt want another pile of dead rednecks, a pile I would be perfectly fine with.

They showed up when word got out about the b.s. first amendment areas and the roads were being blocked.

You think your first amendment areas were created before the hillbillies showed up? Heh.

Also, how dare the government temporarily shut down a road. That never happens! Tyranny!

That's the 1st and 4th amendments the fed's wiping their collective ass with. So, I take it you're cool with that?

Not sure how you get there. This is about one criminal and his trespassing.

Bundy is an idiot, that much is obvious but rolling heavy with a mechanized infantry company is b.s.

What about the idiots supporting that idiot? How do you feel about them?

As for your last sentence, the Feds counted on them staying home. But they didn't and the Feds didn't have a plan for that. So the serfs are just supposed to stay home? Don't look behind the curtain and everything will be o.k?

Good lord. Run back to the bunker. They're coming for your gerns.

Hardly. Reid is a lying, conniving POS. Answer a question for me. Why, after 20 plus years, are they just going after him now? All you need to do is follow the money.

Maybe because it's now been 20+ years? We can certainly follow the debt if you'd like. Appears to lead to one Cliven Bundy.

Again, why wait 20 years? Is that the magic number?

You think that he should have been evicted sooner? I agree. What exactly is your point?

Anyone that showed up to support him is a moron, to answer your question. Anyone that supports him in general is a moron. If they're packing guns, they're gun toting morons. Get it?

The feds came in how they did because of his statements along the lines of, "I'll do anything to protect my property," and references to starting a "range war." So yeah, when you make statements like that, the feds come in force, and they damn well should.

Why are the feds coming now? Because they've had enough and issuing court orders is obviously not working. He has lost in court over and over, and it has become clear the only way he'd listen was to show up and remove his TRESPASSING cattle. They did everything they could to avoid a situation like this, because they knew damn well a bunch of delusional, gun toting morons would show up and act like they were being oppressed. And the feds pulled out because it was getting too dangerous to conduct their operation and they'd already made some progress.

And make no mistake, it isn't over. The BLM will get its way sooner or later. They've already made good progress.

Edit - And lets not forget, he had around 900 cattle in a fragile habitat area that limits the amount to 150. So there's another reason for you. Hopefully that piece of sh#t ends up rotting in jail.

• Fire 1

One more thing - Bundy does not own any of these lands. They are federal lands managed by the BLM. They are not his to do anything with, especially since his grazing permits were revoked (I don't recall when, but I'm sure it was long ago...hence the trespassing cows). So there is no land grab going on by the feds or Reid or anyone else...the feds already own that land and the BLM manages it. But thanks for playing.

Edit - And Glenn Beck is a piece of sh#t, however the site has done something right at least...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/13/is-harry-reid-involved-seven-answers-to-seven-questions-youre-probably-asking-right-now-about-the-nevada-rancher-situation/

That pretty much sinks all arguments and conspiracy theories here.

One more thing - Bundy does not own any of these lands. They are federal lands managed by the BLM. They are not his to do anything with, especially since his grazing permits were revoked (I don't recall when, but I'm sure it was long ago...hence the trespassing cows). So there is no land grab going on by the feds or Reid or anyone else...the feds already own that land and the BLM manages it. But thanks for playing.

Edit - And Glenn Beck is a piece of sh#t, however the site has done something right at least...

http://www.theblaze....cher-situation/

How crazy do you have to be to have a far right conspiracy theory that GLENN BECK is debunking? oof.

• Fire 4

Exactly. The facts are simple and there is no ambiguity if you actually do a little digging and don't just take the first thing you hear as gospel. Bundy is a criminal with no case whatsoever, except with delusional nutjobs looking for an axe to grind with the feds.

There are plenty of things a person can rightfully call the federal government out on, but not this one. And it's to the BLM's eternal credit that they decided to leave instead of running the real risk of someone firing a shot. If it was me, I'd have stayed and hoped they fired a shot so as to clean the lot out. But that's just me, I'm not a good human being, and I congratulate the BLM on doing the right thing.

• Fire 1

Hardly, Junior. Reid is a lying, conniving POS. He'll stop at nothing to get that land so he can further line his pockets. All one needs to do is follow the money. But, this has gone far past cattle and grazing rights. The Fed's response was both ridiculous and unnecessary. Cool guy cops with Oakley's, plate carriers and M-4's? MRAPs and snipers on the ridge lines? First amendment areas? Unlawfully seizing firearms? Who could possibly be OK with that? Don't take this as some kind of defense for Bundy's actions because its not. He likely is as big an ahole as he is made out to be. I'm jut stunned that some here think what the Feds did was OK. What if they would have fired on someone in the protest group? Would anyone be OK with that?

What are the protest groups doing there in the first place? Quite frankly, it's none of their business and I doubt that M-4s and MRAPs would have been necessary if every group of right wing nut jobs this side of the Mississippi hadn't rallied to defend this common criminal's ongoing criminal behavior.

Not to mention that this wouldn't even be in the news if the local yokels didn't turn out.

They showed up when word got out about the b.s. first amendment areas and the roads were being blocked. That's the 1st and 4th amendments the fed's wiping their collective ass with. So, I take it you're cool with that? Bundy is an idiot, that much is obvious but rolling heavy with a mechanized infantry company is b.s.

The First Amendment does not protect a person who is issuing threats. Nor does it allow people to run around waving guns around. Go ahead and try that yourself, I'm sure you will meet some cops in less than 5 min. There are no "rights" being stepped on. This is about a jackass hillbilly who somehow cant comprehend that because someone back a couple generations was allowed to use some land that they did not own, does not entitle him to use it. And I assure you, his ancestors in the 1870's got the land they have from the Federal Government to begin with. They simply didnt want another pile of dead rednecks, a pile I would be perfectly fine with.

Who issued threats? Do you have a link showing that a direct "threat" was issued? So, you're cool with designating certain areas as 1st amendment zones but restritcting free speech in others?

Again, this is not about the rancher who is very likely a douche bag. This is about the Fed's way over cooked response.

They showed up when word got out about the b.s. first amendment areas and the roads were being blocked.

You think your first amendment areas were created before the hillbillies showed up? Heh.

Also, how dare the government temporarily shut down a road. That never happens! Tyranny!

That's the 1st and 4th amendments the fed's wiping their collective ass with. So, I take it you're cool with that?

Bundy is an idiot, that much is obvious but rolling heavy with a mechanized infantry company is b.s.

Yes, I know they were put up when the word got out and folks began showing up. Know of a few people whom were/are on the ground there. And to shut down roads specifically to keep people out is garbage. The gov't does not "own" anything, they rent it from the citizens of our Republic.

How could it be criminal trespassing if the gov doesn't own the land? Again, the gov can not and does not "own" anything.

If they were there to specifically support Bundy and not the abuse of liberty, then yes, they are idiots as well.

Nice attemtpt to marginalize me and the millions of other Americans whom take a stand against the slow drip erosion of our freedom and liberties. I am not a prepper, hoarder, alarmist or militant. I am, however, a man whom has given a significant portion of my life to this country and am absolutely done with the long game our elected officials are playing with our rights. I don't take the oath that I swore, lightly.

I answered your questions, why won't you answer mine? Are you cool with the heavy handed, armed repsonse by the feds? Why did they pull out when they did?

http://www.theblaze....cher-situation/

No, you're wrong. The feds don't own that land, we do. As for Beck, I agree that he is a POS.

Look, I'm not defending the dude. Not sure how many times I have to state that. What I'm not happy with is the feds rolling in heavy like they did. Bundy likely needs to pay, and dearly. You and Carl seem to want to tag team me becuase I suspect you believe I am defending Bundy. I am not. Believe what you will about Reid. During my world tour with DoD I have met and am friends with several people from Nevada and every single one of them has informed me of what a slimy POS he really is.

If it was me, I'd have stayed and hoped they fired a shot so as to clean the lot out. But that's just me, I'm not a good human being, and I congratulate the BLM on doing the right thing.

I missed this little gem, initially. It's funny that you think the they could simply "clean the lot out" as you put it.

To me, this has nothing to with Bundy at this point. This is about federal abuse of authority. Plain and simple. That fact that this is lost on you is not surprising.

Have you ever stepped up, raised your hand and taken the oath to defend the Constitution? Would you turn your gun a fellow countryman if you were in the BLM's position? Nevermind answering, that was a rhetorical question.

No, this has everything to do with a criminal getting caught trespassing, then having the temerity to flout the law he's guilty of breaking. Instead of paying his due like any law-abiding citizen should, he's created some strawman First Amendment/2nd Amendment argument where none exists.

The Feds are doing exactly what this tax-paying citizen expects them to do - enforce the law. Get this criminal and his trespassing cattle out of there. If this criminal is bringing friends, the Feds have to bring more Feds. If this criminal and his criminal friends bring guns, the Feds are going to have to bring bigger/more guns. That's how the law is enforced against criminals.

BTW - I've taken an oath, does that mean my opinion has more weight? How much more? Does my oath have precedence over your oath? How are oaths measured? What an absurd question. Why not ask if anyone here has ever manned a burger grill? If not, their comments have little merit - after all, everyone on either side of this situation is eating. Can't comment unless you've stood tall with the grilling tongs!

• Fire 2

If it was me, I'd have stayed and hoped they fired a shot so as to clean the lot out. But that's just me, I'm not a good human being, and I congratulate the BLM on doing the right thing.

I missed this little gem, initially. It's funny that you think the they could simply "clean the lot out" as you put it.

To me, this has nothing to with Bundy at this point. This is about federal abuse of authority. Plain and simple. That fact that this is lost on you is not surprising.

Have you ever stepped up, raised your hand and taken the oath to defend the Constitution? Would you turn your gun a fellow countryman if you were in the BLM's position? Nevermind answering, that was a rhetorical question.

You mean from all enemies, foreign and domestic? You want to talk about an oath, talk about the whole thing.

• Fire 2