3. Penn State > # of commits: 12 (6)

4. LSU > # of commits: 9 (4)

5. Florida State > # of commits: 9 (4)

6. Tennessee > # of commits: 10 (4)

7. Clemson > # of commits: 10 (4)

8. Texas > # of commits: 9 (5)

9. Notre Dame > # of commits: 6 (4)

10. Georgia > # of commits: 6 (3)

Not sure the real value of this first ranking but what surprised me the most about these rankings is where Penn State is ranked? Seriously? I'm guessing O Brien is responsible for most of the recruit commits and I wonder if all of them will stay committed?

If I had to guess I would think that Franklin is responsible for all of PSU's class. There might be 1 or 2 guys that committed prior and have hung around once they found out who the new coach was. Franklin is a hell of a recruiter though so them being that high doesn't surprise me.

Oh and :espnsucks:

Ya franklin is tearing it up. He's responsible for all the commits. Pretty impressive start for them. I hope we finish 15-20 in all services. That would be an excellent class. Being as small as it is it's going to hard to finish much better than 15.

Maybe I just don't get recruiting, but I totally don't understand how Penn State can still be pulling in such great recruits. I know Pennsylvania is in more fertile recruiting territory, but the University itself is in the middle of nowhere, not to mention the fresh stink of the worst scandal in sports history still attached to it. What the hell is PSU doing on the recruiting trail to sell itself so well?

Ya franklin is tearing it up. He's responsible for all the commits. Pretty impressive start for them. I hope we finish 15-20 in all services. That would be an excellent class. Being as small as it is it's going to hard to finish much better than 15.

Maybe I just don't get recruiting, but I totally don't understand how Penn State can still be pulling in such great recruits. I know Pennsylvania is in more fertile recruiting territory, but the University itself is in the middle of nowhere, not to mention the fresh stink of the worst scandal in sports history still attached to it. What the hell is PSU doing on the recruiting trail to sell itself so well?

Have you seen Franklin in a game or heard the guy talk? He has a very charismatic presence about him. Although, his possible knowledge of the alleged Vandy rape situation has received shockingly little attention in recent times...

Unfortunately I feel like expectations are being set so high with where the class is currently ranked that some people will see a 15-20 rating as a "failure". Mainly because they don't understand how a small class effects rankings.

Unfortunately I feel like expectations are being set so high with where the class is currently ranked that some people will see a 15-20 rating as a "failure". Mainly because they don't understand how a small class effects rankings.

If a few guys leave and we make it to 22 we could finish higher. It's nice to see us up that high right now, but we would have to pull 7-8 4 stars in our last10 commits to keep up in the top 10-12. Everyone should be very happy if we finish around 20+ Commits ranking around 15-20, but there will be a few that will complain I'm sure.

I could see Bondi moving on when Brown beats him out next year.

PSU has always recruited well, due to the amount of talent nearby, as well as their history as the major football power in the northeast. There are very few schools to challenge them in the northeast, so their recruiting footprint extends further in that direction. Between the NE and Pennsylvania and the neighboring states, they have a pretty large pool of talent to draw from year after year.

Obviously they aren't the powerhouse they once were, but you add an energetic new coaching staff to a legendary school with fertile recruiting grounds and this is what you get.

Recruiting really has very little do with all of that stuff.

Recruiting has to do with being a good salesman. It's not dependent on, but made easier by, good circumstances, but ultimately it comes down to being a good salesman.

Recruiting has to do with being a good salesman. It's not dependent on, but made easier by, good circumstances, but ultimately it comes down to being a good salesman.

All of this, plus, because of their recent sanctions they have plenty of depth questions at quite a few positions. It's easy to sell playing time to many recruits, and they've likely benefited from a little bit of a domino effect. One big name recruit who pulls the trigger often leads to other recruits doing the same.

All of this, plus, because of their recent sanctions they have plenty of depth questions at quite a few positions. It's easy to sell playing time to many recruits, and they've likely benefited from a little bit of a domino effect. One big name recruit who pulls the trigger often leads to other recruits doing the same.

I wonder if there is a coach out there not selling the "opportunity" to compete for early playing time.