Huskers picked 2nd in BTN.com's early 2014-15 men's pre-season bball rankings.

cheers-slow-clap.gif

BIG TEN STANDINGS

1. Wisconsin – Everyone but Ben Brust is back from the Final Four team.
2. Nebraska – Terran Petteway and a healthy Shavon Shields form a fantastic 1-2 punch.
3. Michigan State – Speaking of 1-2 punches, Branden Dawson and Denzel Valentine will be nice.
4. Michigan – Prediction: Zak Irvin or Derrick Walton Jr. will be the most improved player.
5. Ohio State – No team welcomes a better or deeper recruiting class.
6. Illinois – This should be John Groce’s best Illini squad.
7. Maryland – The Terps return four double-digit scorers, including former Wolverine Evan Smotrycz.
8. Iowa – It’s Aaron White’s team, and now he needs to become more assertive.
9. Minnesota – The reigning NIT champs lose Austin Hollins, but should have a healthy Andre Hollins.
10. Indiana – The Hoosiers desperately need someone to emerge in the frontcourt.
11. Purdue – Matt Painter should have a team that better fits his style.
12. Northwestern – Can JerShon Cobb finally stay healthy and give Northwestern a full season?
13. Penn State – Brandon Taylor needs to make a huge leap to keep this team out of the cellar.
14. Rutgers – To put it politely, the Scarlet Knights have work to do on defense

ALL-BIG TEN TEAMS

FIRST TEAM
Yogi Ferrell, Indiana
Terran Petteway, Nebraska
Caris LeVert, Michigan
Denzel Valentine, Michigan State
Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin

SECOND TEAM
D.J. Newbill, Penn State
James Blackmon, Indiana
Sam Dekker, Wisconsin
Branden Dawson, Michigan State
Aaron White, Iowa

THIRD TEAM
Derrick Walton Jr., Michigan
Rayvonte Rice, Illinois
Dez Wells, Maryland
Shavon Shields, Nebraska
Nigel Hayes, Wisconsin

http://btn.com/2014/...-2014-15-hoops/

:cheers

I am excited about this past season for the Huskers but I think the staff at BTN are high.

I thought the same thing. But also don't forget how the teams chemistry meshed after that horrible PSU loss and Biggs getting the boot. We won 10 of the last 12 after starting 1-4. 10 of 12!! That indluded MSU, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin. None are slacks. Imagine what next year will be like with the chemsistry and intensity there at the start of the year!? The success just can't get to the guys head, and if they stick together, we could finish 2nd.

• Fire 1

I am excited about this past season for the Huskers but I think the staff at BTN are high.

I thought the same thing. But also don't forget how the teams chemistry meshed after that horrible PSU loss and Biggs getting the boot. We won 10 of the last 12 after starting 1-4. 10 of 12!! That indluded MSU, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin. None are slacks. Imagine what next year will be like with the chemsistry and intensity there at the start of the year!? The success just can't get to the guys head, and if they stick together, we could finish 2nd.

Plus, what players are leaving for the NBA or graduated.

So? It's 2014--it's okay to inhale now.

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz 3m

Friday 3-point on Nebraska, Maryland, Iowa State: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10872708 …

Apparently they're having technical issues--no sound to his vid as of 12:16pm CST.