Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

My first episode was one from this season, and I was thinking, "Daenerys is smoking, I wonder what she looks like naked." I start watching the show and the FIRST EPISODE, BOOM! Best show ever, reading my m

This will sound weird to some...but she is hotter with clothes on.

I understand what you are saying, but she is hot regardless.

My first episode was one from this season, and I was thinking, "Daenerys is smoking, I wonder what she looks like naked." I start watching the show and the FIRST EPISODE, BOOM! Best show ever, reading my m

Let me translate for you guys who don't speak TeacherCD. "Her boobs aren't big enough."

Saying that wasn't rape feeds into the incredibly dangerous "she said no but she really meant yes" lies of rape culture.

Gah, leave it to LL to get all crusade-y about a fantasy TV series. :facepalm:

Ha! No kidding...I mean...I thought the treatment of the dragons was rough and goes against what PETA preaches but I am not going to bring it up.

Let me translate for you guys who don't speak TeacherCD. "Her boobs aren't big enough."

Well...not big enough AND not as well shaped as I would like.

I am kind of a boss when it comes to boobs

Well...not big enough AND not as well shaped as I would like.

I am kind of a boss when it comes to boobs

Translation -- she needs fakers.

• Fire 1

Saying that wasn't rape feeds into the incredibly dangerous "she said no but she really meant yes" lies of rape culture.

Ha! No kidding...I mean...I thought the treatment of the dragons was rough and goes against what PETA preaches but I am not going to bring it up.

My original point was entirely in reference to what the scene did to the characters and how it was inconsistent with who they are supposed to be. Wasn't crying foul by any means, especially since Westeros is in no way a modern world.

But I mean I would definitely rather be the guy that takes this stuff too seriously than the guy that just admitted to possibly raping women and laughing about it.

• Fire 3

First of all Dumbeldor dies. I keed I keed.

As a book reader I would hate to spoil anything for you unsullied. I'm proud of the readers that kept quiet on the Red Wedding for years because the payoff for show only fans was glorious. I know there are plenty of places out there for non readers to get spoiled if they want, but most of the readers are good about not blatantly spoiling.

As far as the Cersei/Jamie scene goes, here's my take. The entire situation is supposed to be uncomfortable. They are having incest sex, in a "church", at a wake for their love child. Each character is written not as pure evil/pure good but a shade of grey. Everyone has things you hate about them, but they also need to show scenes to make you feel empathy for them. I think the show runners just wanted to inject some of that so people could empathize with Cersei. In the books this is the first time Jamie and Cersei are seeing each other and she wasn't sure she would see him alive again. Also the books are written as point of view story telling. You know the internal thoughts of the characters. That may be why some people who know the characters a little better might be saying she wanted it. It's not some statement that some women really want the 'D' even though they say no.

• Fire 2

My original point was entirely in reference to what the scene did to the characters and how it was inconsistent with who they are supposed to be. Wasn't crying foul by any means, especially since Westeros is in no way a modern world.

But I mean I would definitely rather be the guy that takes this stuff too seriously than the guy that just admitted to possibly raping women and laughing about it.

And I also complained about the treatment of the dragons...