Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

I agree, Mike. I just wish the moving of chess pieces felt earned rather than rushed. They ought to be the result of lots of deft maneuvering and outthinking one another (and oneself). But on screen, it's a revelatory plot twist and that's that. We're not even seeing the game, just the results.

I agree, Mike. I just wish the moving of chess pieces felt earned rather than rushed. They ought to be the result of lots of deft maneuvering and outthinking one another (and oneself). But on screen, it's a revelatory plot twist and that's that. We're not even seeing the game, just the results.

Yeah, I don't know why they shortened the season when the last episode easily could have been told in two episodes for more depth and emersion. There was more than enough backstory going on, which was just skipped over, to make two very interesting episodes. Did the writers change or something? Seems like they're not as interested in the setup anymore like zoogs pointed out.

Yeah, I don't know why they shortened the season when the last episode easily could have been told in two episodes for more depth and emersion. There was more than enough backstory going on, which was just skipped over, to make two very interesting episodes. Did the writers change or something? Seems like they're not as interested in the setup anymore like zoogs pointed out.

Maybe just because of production costs and time? I don't know, HBO seems to LOVE short seasons.

The Perfect 'Game of Thrones' Character for Each State

California

King Tommen Baratheon

Blond and easily duped, powerful but clumsy with said power, impressed by girls' boobs and wacky religions.

Colorado

Jorah Mormont

Athletic, secretly wealthy, with a sun-tanned, weathered face. Incessantly trying to sleep with a younger woman.

Michigan

Arya Stark

Doesn't like it when her people get dissed. Has a whole other side you wouldn't expect.

Nebraska

Brienne of Tarth

She should just call her sword "Winter Wheat."

• Fire 1

Brienne of Tarth

Wut

The largest wheat producing states by volume in 2011 were: Kansas (276.5 million bushels), North Dakota (200 million bushels), Montana (175 million bushels), Washington (168 million bushels) and Idaho (105 million bushels).

• Fire 1

The Perfect 'Game of Thrones' Character for Each State

California

King Tommen Baratheon

Blond and easily duped, powerful but clumsy with said power, impressed by girls' boobs and wacky religions.

Colorado

Jorah Mormont

Athletic, secretly wealthy, with a sun-tanned, weathered face. Incessantly trying to sleep with a younger woman.

Michigan

Arya Stark

Doesn't like it when her people get dissed. Has a whole other side you wouldn't expect.

Nebraska

Brienne of Tarth

Ha, some of those are pretty good.

Kansas

Hodor

Just replace "Hodor" with "Rock Chalk."

New Jersey

Petyr Baelish, aka Littlefinger

Lurks on the outskirts of and envious of great power, and always gives off the vibe that he's about to do something unseemly.

South Dakota

Ned Stark

Actively seems to enjoy the cold. Honorable in a somewhat tragic way. Famous for having a head separated from his body and placed next to other heads for people to gawk at.

Texas

Cersei Lannister

Aesthetically pleasing debutante, comes from a ton of money. Can be hateful, and you don't want to mess with her, but also pretty great if you're on her side. Has no problem going it alone.

Alabama

Lancel Lannister
Irrationally religious, with a scandalous past.

Colorado

Jorah Mormont

Delaware

That guy Ned Stark executes in the pilot
No one remembers that Delaware is the first state either.

Florida

"Mad" King Aerys II Targaryen
Senile, wealthy, paranoid, prone to random outbursts of insanity. Pretty confident that he will eventually turn into a dragon.

Idaho

Mance Rayder
An anti-big government Libertarian with his own militia.

New Hampshire

Stannis Baratheon
Mostly cold, but internally convinced he has a power no one else really sees.

New York

Tyrion Lannister
Thinks he's smarter than everyone else, drinks too much, jam-packs a lot of conflicting things into a small space. Has tendency to confront people on the toilet.

North Dakota

Benjen Stark
Could have never come back and no one would have noticed except consipracy theorists. His hands are SO COLD.

Ohio

Walder Frey
Power-player due in large part to central geographical position near major rivers. Sneaky bastard but bizarrely influential. Holds grudges. Oh wow does he hold grudges.

Oregon

Ygritte
Effortlessly feminist. Not too concerned about hygiene. Unnaturally gifted at a mostly useless skill.

Pennsylvania

Robb Stark
Stubborn, hot-headed, from an old house. Had brotherly love. A Penn State kind of guy thrust into a U. Penn kind of world.

Rhode Island

Lyanna Mormont
SO SMALL, SO FIERY. Only has 62 men.

South Carolina

Balon Greyjoy
Fiercely independent, attempts to break away from the other places. Not happy about the fact that his son ends up living in the North.

Tennessee

Tormund Giantsbane
A little bit country, a little bit rock 'n' roll. Has a show beard. Likely already the name of a band in Nashville anyway.

Wow. That was amazing.

Does nobody employ scouts, though?

Jaime is somewhat suicidal, it seems.

What's that underneath the water, or was it just me?

I think Randyl Tarly stated that the gold made it back to Kings Landing. The wagon train was full of the food and grains taken from High Garden. There have been several talks about food shortages. Don't know if it's a plot point to pay attention to or just something they want to remind us about during winter.

• Fire 4