Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

I'm guessing Sansa will rule the north and Dany will be queen. Maybe Jon Snow will fight for democracy. Although seeing as he's Dany's nephew it wouldn't be surprising if he ruled the north for her. Although he wants the north to be its own thing, and so do the other northerners.

I was going to say Jon would be an awful riler because he's a pushover but he was pretty bad ass while he was the lord commander, so I dunno.

Dany may believe she is the rightful heir to the throne. The thing is, if Jon's parents got married, he would be the rightful heir. Rhaegar is farther up the line of succession than Dany. His heir would then be next in line. Now he could abdicate the throne, but I believe it would be his decision.

But they didn't get married so the point is mute. Not only did they not get married, Rhaegar broke his previous engagement to run away with the daughter of his family's enemy. (I don't buy that he kidnapped and raped her).

The only reason Jon is king of the north is because everyone thought he was Ned's only living son, and they're living in exceptional times.

Dany is alive and well and has the only claim to lead the Targaryens as long as that's true and they're following the previous rules of succession.

We have no info on if they ran off and got married. It's heavily hinted that they may have from what I've looked up.

Okay, who do you guys think the best ruler would be at the end?

Not your favorite but who would be the best.

The best would be Tyrion or Lady Mormont.

My favorite would be Tyrion but I think it will be either Jon Snow or the Night King.

I do not believe it will be, nor do I want it to be, Cersei or Daenerys who would currently appear to be the front runners.

My sleeper pick is Samwell Tarly.

Arya would be okay in my book but if it's Sansa or Little Finger I will permanently cancel my HBO subscription.

Somebody that knows how to make a poll should do one so we can vote on who we think it will be.

BTW, is anyone beginning to think that

Missandei (Dany's right hand girl) is a traitor? It seems that some of their plans have been leaked to the Lannisters and coupled with Davos comment that he did not recognize her accent and her overboard loyalty....it's starting to smell a little fishy.

I'm guessing Sansa will rule the north and Dany will be queen. Maybe Jon Snow will fight for democracy. Although seeing as he's Dany's nephew it wouldn't be surprising if he ruled the north for her. Although he wants the north to be its own thing, and so do the other northerners.

I was going to say Jon would be an awful riler because he's a pushover but he was pretty bad ass while he was the lord commander, so I dunno.

Dany may believe she is the rightful heir to the throne. The thing is, if Jon's parents got married, he would be the rightful heir. Rhaegar is farther up the line of succession than Dany. His heir would then be next in line. Now he could abdicate the throne, but I believe it would be his decision.

But they didn't get married so the point is mute. Not only did they not get married, Rhaegar broke his previous engagement to run away with the daughter of his family's enemy. (I don't buy that he kidnapped and raped her).

The only reason Jon is king of the north is because everyone thought he was Ned's only living son, and they're living in exceptional times.

Dany is alive and well and has the only claim to lead the Targaryens as long as that's true and they're following the previous rules of succession.

We have no info on if they ran off and got married. It's heavily hinted that they may have from what I've looked up.

There are several hints that Jon isn't even his real name. If you watch the season finally from last year, "His name is ...(inaudible)" her lips do not say Jon. Something could be revealed later via Bran.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/meganp25/stannis-baratheon-the-one-true-king-of-grammar-lives-on?utm_term=.fjLN41W39#.psLZV6JYn

sub-buzz-3928-1502119100-1.png

sub-buzz-28763-1502119983-8.png

sub-buzz-4517-1502120286-1.png

You should know when
It's "less" or it's "fewer"
Like people who were
Never raised in a sewer

-Weird Al, "Word Crimes"

"coupled with Davos comment that he did not recognize her accent and her overboard loyalty"..

Well, I think that's just because she's from Naath, and Davos isn't as well-traveled. This is just an encounter between two people of vastly different cultures. It's kind of strange to me actually that Davos can be in such good spirits generally -- the show needs him to be -- given what's transpired to his family.

"coupled with Davos comment that he did not recognize her accent and her overboard loyalty"..

Well, I think that's just because she's from Naath, and Davos isn't as well-traveled. This is just an encounter between two people of vastly different cultures. It's kind of strange to me actually that Davos can be in such good spirits generally -- the show needs him to be -- given what's transpired to his family.

Yeah, I think you are right. The only way I see Missandei betraying Dany is if it is necessary to save Grey Worm.

"coupled with Davos comment that he did not recognize her accent and her overboard loyalty"..[/size]

Well, I think that's just because she's from Naath, and Davos isn't as well-traveled. This is just an encounter between two people of vastly different cultures. It's kind of strange to me actually that Davos can be in such good spirits generally -- the show needs him to be -- given what's transpired to his family.[/size]

[/size]

Yeah, I think you are right. The only way I see Missandei betraying Dany is if it is necessary to save Grey Worm.

[/size]

We shall see. I just don't think they threw that Davos comment or his apparent growing interest in her in there for no reason and it's about time for some plot twists. Most of the characters have gone through varying good guy/bad guy spells. IMO this one is ripe for a turn.

Not relevant, because no one in Westeros thinks they got married (the "good guys" think she was raped), and they're both dead.

I guess if everyone decides to trust everything Bran says in the future, and they actually did get married, it matters, but I just don't see that story line happening. Even if they did get married there's no way the mad king would've considered it legitimate. He wanted his son to marry someone else. It wasn't at any kind of special place for one thing, and no one on either side approved. This is Romeo Juliet stuff.

And to a different post, Jon isn't a very Targaryen name so it's highly likely not his name. It had to be changed to sound less like something that would get him murdered by Robert.

When I first read about R+L = J it talked about how it instantly made Jon's claim to the throne potentially stronger than Dany's, but you sound like you know what you're talking about here, so I must defer. It would definitely become a very interesting source of conflict, and I can't imagine a "Dany and Jon happily ever after, uniting to triumph over all odds and evils" storyline to finish the show. That'd be disappointing, really.

When I first read about R+L = J it talked about how it instantly made Jon's claim to the throne potentially stronger than Dany's, but you sound like you know what you're talking about here, so I must defer. It would definitely become a very interesting source of conflict, and I can't imagine a "Dany and Jon happily ever after, uniting to triumph over all odds and evils" storyline to finish the show. That'd be disappointing, really.

Bastards don't have claims to thrones. He has zero claim. If we pretend his parents were married, no one on earth knows or thinks they were married except maybe Bran, and like I said it probably wasn't a legitimate marriage anyway. Neither side wanted it. Robert would have killed both of them if he thought his woman was in the relationship willingly (married or not), and the mad king probably would have too.

I don't think there will be any conflict, unless it's from Dany being paranoid, because Jon is a very reluctant ruler in the first place. (I think she will be thrilled to have a living relative). King of the North is a bit different since it's a brand new title, and also because the Starks were decimated. At one point everyone thought there was no male heir to the throne. They also thought Sansa was lost to the Lannisters forever and Arya was dead. That left literally no one from the strongest house in the North except Jon. So he, a bastards, becoming their ruler was only because of extremely odd circumstances. Also, when Stannis offered to make Jon a legitimate son of Ned, he turned him down.

Agreeing to rule the north was a big leap, and I think Sansa will end up doing that even if Jon survives. Jon wouldn't accept being king of everything. What he would accept, IMO, is ruling the north for Dany, or giving Sansa a strong recommendation and helping bring them to some kind of agreement.

That ending wouldn't be disappointing at all, given all the sh#t everyone's gone through.

Bastards don't have claims to thrones. He has zero claim. If we pretend his parents were married, no one on earth knows or thinks they were married except maybe Bran, and like I said it probably wasn't a legitimate marriage anyway. Neither side wanted it. Robert would have killed both of them if he thought his woman was in the relationship willingly (married or not), and the mad king probably would have too.

I don't think there will be any conflict, unless it's from Dany being paranoid, because Jon is a very reluctant ruler in the first place. (I think she will be thrilled to have a living relative). King of the North is a bit different since it's a brand new title, and also because the Starks were decimated. At one point everyone thought there was no male heir to the throne. They also thought Sansa was lost to the Lannisters forever and Arya was dead. That left literally no one from the strongest house in the North except Jon. So he, a bastards, becoming their ruler was only because of extremely odd circumstances. Also, when Stannis offered to make Jon a legitimate son of Ned, he turned him down.

Agreeing to rule the north was a big leap, and I think Sansa will end up doing that even if Jon survives. Jon wouldn't accept being king of everything. What he would accept, IMO, is ruling the north for Dany, or giving Sansa a strong recommendation and helping bring them to some kind of agreement.

That ending wouldn't be disappointing at all, given all the sh#t everyone's gone through.

From what I have read is that info like marriages, even runaway ones are information that maesters in the citadel keep records of deep in their libraries. And I bet it's one of those out of site out of mind deals. Or at least that's how Reddit seems to think the whole thing probably went down.

From what I have read is that info like marriages, even runaway ones are information that maesters in the citadel keep records of deep in their libraries. And I bet it's one of those out of site out of mind deals. Or at least that's how Reddit seems to think the whole thing probably went down.

Yeah, the r/asoiaf reddit is a deep cave of conspiracies. The maester comment is correct. Logs like this are kept as a record and only really brought back out if there is a legitimate claim. I don't think Jon will want the Iron Throne either. I'm just saying that there is a better than likely chance that R & L got married thus making Jon a more legitimate heir. From what we know, the kidnapping and raping was just a narrative that Robert to legitimize his hold on the Throne. Creating the story that ALL Targs are bad is an easier sell than I lost my girl to a pretty boy.