Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

I'm almost finished with the first book. Not a lot of difference in the storyline, but there are some extra details that (I think) were left out of the show

Also some that are added. I've never read the books nor do I plan to, but I've read up on the story lines.

I'm almost finished with the first book. Not a lot of difference in the storyline, but there are some extra details that (I think) were left out of the show

Also some that are added. I've never read the books nor do I plan to, but I've read up on the story lines.

Yeah, this current season of the show especially

Is it worth the read, GSG? I'm rejiggering my reading queue in anticipation of finishing the bible this summer. Which I've been reading these past six months or so. The Ice and Fire series might be something I could get into. Although it's been a loong time since I've gotten into a fiction series. :lol:

Is it worth the read, GSG? I'm rejiggering my reading queue in anticipation of finishing the bible this summer. Which I've been reading these past six months or so. The Ice and Fire series might be something I could get into. Although it's been a loong time since I've gotten into a fiction series. :lol:

I've enjoyed the first one so far. Having watched the first 4 seasons of the show, it makes some parts of the book predictable, but then again there are a lot more details and whatnot in the book

I've enjoyed the first one so far. Having watched the first 4 seasons of the show, it makes some parts of the book predictable, but then again there are a lot more details and whatnot in the book

Yeah, it's almost always more enjoyable to read the book(s) first, then watch the movie. Too late for me on this one though. :lol:

I've never been big into Game of Thrones, I mostly watch it because my friends watch it, but I did get some enjoyment out of the first two seasons. That being said, I'm finding this season rather boring. I can't really put my finger on it, because there is sh#t going down. Maybe it's because I really don't care about many of the characters left, and the story lines of the ones I do are dragging along. Couple that with there not being any interesting new characters this season either, and it's just blah to me.

I don't think this show is for cynics, it just makes you even more depressed. I need characters to fight for themselves and overcome peril, not just take it and get f'd...

My favorite thing from last night:

"The dwarf lives until we find a c$%k merchant."

Least favorite thing from last night:

Watching Ramsay and Sansa "consummate" their marriage as Reek watches. That was so uncomfortable.

Watching Ramsay and Sansa "consummate" their marriage as Reek watches. That was so uncomfortable.

I thought the pirate scenes were hilarious. And I was hoping that Reek was going to kill Ramsay to make up for what he thought he had done to the younger Stark boys.

I thought the pirate scenes were hilarious. And I was hoping that Reek was going to kill Ramsay to make up for what he thought he had done to the younger Stark boys.

I'm still hoping Reek will kill Ramsay. He missed his chance to kill father and son when he gave him the shave.

I have very little sympathy for Sansa. She betrayed her family. As far Reek goes, I hope he does kill Ramsay and then himself.

I have very little sympathy for Sansa. She betrayed her family.

I'm trying to remember the first few seasons. Off the top of my head, I wouldn't go quite that far.

In the book I think that might be more true, but she does it because she's a naive little girl who thinks Cersei is some kind, gentle woman and she doesn't know that Joffrey is a psycho yet.

What is there...like 3 episodes left?

6 episodes in, so there are 4 left. No episode this weekend due to the holiday.

There is a new episode this weekend: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3866846/?ref_=tt_eps_cu_n

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/game-of-thrones/tv-listings/305628/

Game of Thrones: Season 5, Episode 7 The Gift (24 May 2015)
TV Episode | TV-MA | 55 min | Adventure, Drama, Fantasy
(voting begins after release)

Jon prepares for conflict. Sansa tries to talk to Theon. Brienne waits for a sign. Stannis remains stubborn. Jaime attempts to reconnect with family.