NEB Recruiting Costs....

I don't believe this has been posted yet, but I caught a table that was posted by BIG10 Network via Facebook.

Looks to me NEB is spending quite a hefty load on recruiting in comparison to other teams in the conference. Check out the two-time BIG10 champs Wisconsin..........

However, I believe we have to keep in mind that the Universities that released this info. more than likely allocate their expenses differently from one another. In essence, what some Universities allocate for recruiting may not apply to others and vice versa. With that in mind, these numbers may not paint us a very good picture of how much money is actually spent on recruiting for each University. If they all followed a standard criteria for expenses allocation, it would surely help. I still found this a bit interesting. Check it:

10294478_10152144219224022_5250647293818459021_n.jpg

If you look at nation-wide statistics, in 2012-2013, Nebraska was ranked #6 in Most Spent On Recruiting ($1,794,747, which includes recruiting costs for all sports).

http://espn.go.com/e...3-espn-magazine

However, I do not see this as a negative. If anything, it simply provides clarity as to whether our staff is getting effort support and resources for recruiting from the administration. Answer: YES

• Fire 2

If you look at nation-wide statistics, in 2012-2013, Nebraska was ranked #6 in Most Spent On Recruiting ($1,794,747, which includes recruiting costs for all sports).

http://espn.go.com/e...3-espn-magazine

However, I do not see this as a negative. If anything, it simply provides clarity as to whether our staff is getting effort support and resources for recruiting from the administration. Answer: YES

I concur. Definitely more of positive for me. IMO....it seems that it makes the football staff more accountable.

As mentioned in the original post, it is not at all clear how the different schools allocate and keep track of recruiting expenses, so the numbers aren't exactly comparable. But, they do provide a general idea, and it's nice to see us putting funds where it's needed. Given our unique position in major college football, we need to spend more money traveling for long distance recruiting than other schools, so I hope we can continue to support the staff in this manner.

Perhaps if we also support them with some semblance of job security, we won't have assistants bailing for lateral moves to A&M in the future.

not very surprised by this. we don't exactly have the privilege of doing the majority of our recruiting locally, so travel expenses are going to be higher for us than many other places on the recruiting trail. 1k miles to the deep south, close to that to texas, even further to california or florida, and costs start adding up quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

A story on this from ESPN. They look at the dollars over a little longer period of time. The chart doesn't come across very well but I've truncated it to just percentage increase from 2008-2013. Huskers are also #2 in total dollars spent in 2013.

School - Difference By Percentage
Penn State 81.2%
Nebraska 65.7%
Ohio State 52.9%
Michigan 49.1%
Indiana 46.7%
Northwestern 36.3%
Illinois 31%
Iowa 30.4%
Michigan State 26.6%
Wisconsin 23.8%
Rutgers 23.1%