Who's Next?

I'm wildin' and picking Eno Benjamin.

He's a RB? I think? He has seemed super committed to Iowa, until today of course. He even had a couple friends planning to go with him. All that said, I know nothing of this kid. But if he's good we need to take a look at him and ask him to come for a visit if he is still open in his mind. I understand KJJ was all over him on twitter these last couple weeks. We may be able to pull in his friends that were planning on heading to the Hawkeyes. How stacked are we at those positions though? I honestly don't care for a bench full of kids who could be getting playing time elsewhere. They should go where they have the chance to play and win. If that's the Huskers, great.

I saw he mentioned Michigan in his tweet when he dropped Iowa. If they're serious about him I suspect he ends up there. Again, same question: How stacked are they at the position? Of course young HS kids, all ballers, should be willing to compete against anyone at this CFB level and earn their place. I suspect Benjamin and the rest want to be on the winning team even if that means a year or two learning and fighting their way into the starting rotations. Bring 'em on!

Id like to know why we havent offered him in the last year. There must be a reason.

And maybe there is a reason. But he has a large offer list of good schools. Much as I dislike Iowa, Ferentz is no risk-taker in recruiting kids with character issues or grade problems, as far as I know. Could be he just committed so early that we spent our time elsewhere. If it is something else, I suspect that will become obvious. But Keyshawn Jr. seems high on the guy and KJJ is a stout kid with a great mind and football knowledge. Keyshawn Sr, I know from his time here in Tampa. Met the guy a few times and he seemed to be raising his son in all the right ways. If this guy is a friend of KJJ, he's probably a good guy and an asset if he wants to be here and it makes sense for everyone.

Could be a very good recruiting season for the Huskers. Nothing but sunshine in the future.

Cotton for sure.

They won't take cotton if he wants N. He is a plan B and is waiting to see what our plan A's do. Our DB recruiting is so good this year that guys we use to be glad to get are plan B's.
Don't think that's correct. He's about the only safety they're recruiting right now.

Along with the fact that "our DB recruiting is so good" would imply greater than 0 commits.

Cotton for sure.

They won't take cotton if he wants N. He is a plan B and is waiting to see what our plan A's do. Our DB recruiting is so good this year that guys we use to be glad to get are plan B's.

Cotton is not a backup plan, his commitment will be accepted if given. But our DB IS really good. We don't have to have commits for that to be true. Simply look at who all we are in on and where it's trending. Recruiting is a sales profession. It's a numbers game.

Kind of a bummer having all of the momentum (in terms of commits) essentially come screeching to a halt as soon as the season started. Thought our undefeated start would possibly result differently in that regard.

Yes and no. I get what you're saying about momentum. But we're in on quite a few big time guys who are going to take their time and take their visits.

We'll have to see how it turns out but it's not the worst problem to have.

And I believe most recruits commit either before or after the season. There usually isn't a whole lot of news during
  • 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...