Who's Next?

• 3 weeks later...

22 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

As far as defections I think some people should realize some of this will have to do with Riley being on the hot seat but also because we look absolutely horrible. Keeping Riley to hold the class together isnt a given. Some of these kids would probably bolt due to how horrible we look.

Yeah, when we lose some guys a lot of people will say it's just because Riley is going to get fired.  But it has more to do with looking like we are years away from competing for anything.  Which is basically two symptoms from the same root cause but they're not exactly the same.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, when we lose some guys a lot of people will say it's just because Riley is going to get fired.  But it has more to do with looking like we are years away from competing for anything.  Which is basically two symptoms from the same root cause but they're not exactly the same.

Hopefully there is enough about Nebraska that the current recruits like and will stick until the new coach is announced. If we don't screw that up then maybe we don't lose many. Given what we are putting out on the field I'm sure many have started to consider other options.

7 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How awesome would josh Moore, cam brown be in frosts open space scheme 

We need to get a Thread for all of the Savior Frost posts. Three things can happen:

a) He never comes

b) He takes over our HC position and thrives

c) He takes over our HC position and bombs

Like a pass, 2/3 things aren't good. Freezing Cold Takes on twitter could have a field day with all of these posts.

And no, there is no middle ground between b and c. Especially on this board.

Edited by spurs1990
  • Plus1 1
4 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

We need to get a Thread for all of the Savior Frost posts. Three things can happen:

a) He never comes

Like a pass, 2/3 things aren't good. Freezing Cold Takes on twitter could have a field day with all of these posts.

Your ABC applies to any candidate so not sure your point outside of stating the 3 possible outcomes. Frost amongst other possible candidates will have everyone hopeful since our current staff has us swirling down the toilet- or as you mentioned above option C. I see no harm in fans excited that an alum is a popular up and coming coach catching attention all around the country not just Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/17/2017 at 6:28 PM, spurs1990 said:

a) He never comes

Not sure the point of your post - do we just not hire anybody?

Also, there could be a 4th possibility - d) He takes over our HC and is mediocre - which is where I would put Bo's tenure. 

11 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Not sure the point of your post - do we just not hire anybody?

Also, there could be a 4th possibility - d) He takes over our HC and is mediocre - which is where I would put Bo's tenure. 

We have a coach already. My point is the Frost mania is excessive to the point of it being entirely irrational.

Edited by spurs1990
  • Plus1 3