• Announcements

• Mavric

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup   01/17/2018

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup is now live! Click HERE to read the rules, and look in the Contest Crib for nomination and voting threads throughout the next several weeks.   This is a great opportunity to say "thanks!" to your fellow HuskerBoard members for keeping you informed or entertained throughout the past year. Nominate your favorite HuskerBoard member today!

4 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

That'd give a big jump in rankings. Martinez, Woodyard, and McGriff?

Yup, a big jump all the way to #48 in the country.

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yup, a big jump all the way to #48 in the country.

I sense sarcasm but that's fine. That's almost 30 spots and being at #48 with a lot of the class left to fill isn't all that terrible. A lot of teams with 19 plus commits ahead of us.

Edited by spurs1990

2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I sense sarcasm but that's fine. That's almost 30 spots and being at #48 with a lot of the class left to fill isn't all that terrible. A lot of teams with 19 plus commits ahead of us.

It was loaded with sarcasm, but it is a big jump, I wasn't denying that. Just not exactly where we want to be. I'm predicting a Top 25 Class still.

Just now, ScottyIce said:

It was loaded with sarcasm, but it is a big jump, I wasn't denying that. Just not exactly where we want to be. I'm predicting a Top 25 Class still.

#48 isn't where we are going to be. It's telling of the direction of the class though. Up. 20-25 is definitely attainable and probably better than many thought we might be given the short turn around with the new early signing period.

I think there's going to be a lot of smoke, but ultimately the coaches just don't have enough time to build relationships by the beginning of Feb. I still predict we'll end up with a recruiting class ranked 30-40. Next year will tell us a whole lot more about the coaches' ability to recruit.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think there's going to be a lot of smoke, but ultimately the coaches just don't have enough time to build relationships by the beginning of Feb. I still predict we'll end up with a recruiting class ranked 30-40. Next year will tell us a whole lot more about the coaches' ability to recruit.

This.  Covering a lot of ground and doing their best, but ultimately just trying to salvage a decent class.  

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

This.  Covering a lot of ground and doing their best, but ultimately just trying to salvage a decent class.  

I think they'll pull in speed..which means some lower ranked 3 stars that just have potential.

I think while the class might be ranked low...in 4 years, we might think differently due to what they can get out of them and how they develop the players.

5 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

We will get at least 3 commitments this weekend 

I think we land Woodyard, Mcgriff, Marin, and maybe Fleek.  We will probably lose Brown this weekend though

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Martinez just committed. That's 2 for 2. Going cam'ron Jones next 

I mean you're following what is pretty much a set script, up to this point. Every one and their mother posted on here about Woodyard, McGriff, and Martinez. Now you're going with the guy who has like 1000 crystal balls pour in...

Edited by spurs1990

6 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I mean you're following what is pretty much a set script, up to this point. Every one and their mother posted on here about Woodyard, McGriff, and Martinez. Now you're going with the guy who has like 1000 crystal balls pour in...

I think you miss the point of the thread. It's who's next. So who is most likely next to commit. There was is a lot of kids with high interest it's what order do they commit. Jones is high on us and coming this weekend so I think he will pull the trigger and guessing 1 or 2 more follow. But that's the point of the thread speculating who is next. 

Also if it's so obvious to you who is commiting next maybe you should be on the husker staff 

2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I'm just enjoying your pats on the back you're giving yourself. That is all. 

Proceed!

This thread is all in good fun, everyone is guessing. No one knows sh!t. 

dont take life so serious 

OK I have found a corner of Husker Board to toss out a question I can't figure out.  In my Twitter feed I have a notice of Jake Archer committing to NU ......   I figured out who he is but I see no mention of him in the threads even for the 2019 class ........  Anyway I'm sure someone will point me to a great thread that I have missed.

Edited by mnhusker
spelling

12 minutes ago, mnhusker said:

OK I have found a corner of Husker Board to toss out a question I can't figure out.  In my Twitter feed I have a notice of Jake Archer committing to NU ......   I figured out who he is but I see no mention of him in the threads even for the 2019 class ........  Anyway I'm sure someone will point me to a great thread that I have missed.

In-state preferred walk-on. Probably just in one of the walk-on threads. Not going to be in depth conversation on him I wouldn't think

Edited by spurs1990

On 12/16/2017 at 10:15 AM, Football Guy Bob said:

Think Marcus Riley could switch this weekend.

December signing day decision. Wonder if the visit is enough to get that flip especially since we just signed a highly touted QB

I think there is a handful or guys who are signing early wed. and have nebraska in their final list. So guessing the next wave of commits will happen wed. Who all are we in on for this wed? 

Legrone is one. I know there is a few more. 

Anyone know if Cam'ron Jones is signing early?

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think there is a handful or guys who are signing early wed. and have nebraska in their final list. So guessing the next wave of commits will happen wed. Who all are we in on for this wed? 

Legrone is one. I know there is a few more. 

Anyone know if Cam'ron Jones is signing early?

Legrone, Honas, J.Jones, Bell, Riley. 

C Jones is not. 

Try to confirm Woodyard today, McGriff on Friday. Anyone I'm missing for this signing period? Seems like the Honas front has been quiet?

It'll be interesting to see who's left to go after.

Edited by spurs1990