ScottyIce    1,928
4 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

That'd give a big jump in rankings. Martinez, Woodyard, and McGriff?

Yup, a big jump all the way to #48 in the country.

spurs1990    647
2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yup, a big jump all the way to #48 in the country.

I sense sarcasm but that's fine. That's almost 30 spots and being at #48 with a lot of the class left to fill isn't all that terrible. A lot of teams with 19 plus commits ahead of us.

Edited by spurs1990

ScottyIce    1,928
2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I sense sarcasm but that's fine. That's almost 30 spots and being at #48 with a lot of the class left to fill isn't all that terrible. A lot of teams with 19 plus commits ahead of us.

It was loaded with sarcasm, but it is a big jump, I wasn't denying that. Just not exactly where we want to be. I'm predicting a Top 25 Class still.

spurs1990    647
Just now, ScottyIce said:

It was loaded with sarcasm, but it is a big jump, I wasn't denying that. Just not exactly where we want to be. I'm predicting a Top 25 Class still.

#48 isn't where we are going to be. It's telling of the direction of the class though. Up. 20-25 is definitely attainable and probably better than many thought we might be given the short turn around with the new early signing period.

RedDenver    1,795

I think there's going to be a lot of smoke, but ultimately the coaches just don't have enough time to build relationships by the beginning of Feb. I still predict we'll end up with a recruiting class ranked 30-40. Next year will tell us a whole lot more about the coaches' ability to recruit.

Jason Sitoke    169
11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think there's going to be a lot of smoke, but ultimately the coaches just don't have enough time to build relationships by the beginning of Feb. I still predict we'll end up with a recruiting class ranked 30-40. Next year will tell us a whole lot more about the coaches' ability to recruit.

This.  Covering a lot of ground and doing their best, but ultimately just trying to salvage a decent class.  

BlitzFirst    1,032
1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

This.  Covering a lot of ground and doing their best, but ultimately just trying to salvage a decent class.  

I think they'll pull in speed..which means some lower ranked 3 stars that just have potential.

I think while the class might be ranked low...in 4 years, we might think differently due to what they can get out of them and how they develop the players.

swmohusker    713
5 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

We will get at least 3 commitments this weekend 

I think we land Woodyard, Mcgriff, Marin, and maybe Fleek.  We will probably lose Brown this weekend though