Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Masry signed a LOI to Iowa Western CC.  Could come back in a year.

 

The recruiting services track HS and CC players, thinking about there being no DT in the class, is there anywhere there is a way to track players who want to grad transfer.

 

The almighty Google says Ohio State has a DT Dylan Thompson who is grad transferring (1 year remaining, not seen much on the field due to injury or academic issues), also Clemson DT Sterling Johnson who has two years remaining.  

 

I saw a comment on one of the sites over the last few days said Frost would be "active" in the grad transfer market this spring, but now don't remember where I saw it.

Edited by B1GRED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

He signed with IWCC, so IF he qualifies academically for D1 after this semester, he could sign with a DI team for the next recruiting cycle. (1 semester at IWCC)

 

If he fails to qualify academically for a D1 school after this semester, he must get his Associates Degree from IWCC (minimum 3 semesters) and could sign with a D1 school for the 2020 recruiting class

Thank you. Well explained 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m thinking next 3 commits are Hickman, Henrich and Duggan.

 

Sort of confident we land all 3, would be surprised if we don’t get 2/3 minimum.

 

Henrich is my questionable because of the Iowa connection.

Edited by ScottyIce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I’m thinking next 3 commits are Hickman, Henrich and Duggan.

 

Sort of confident we land all 3, would be surprised if we don’t get 2/3 minimum.

 

Henrich is my questionable because of the Iowa connection.

That would be big, because we don't currently lead for Hickman and Heinrich. Not sure on Duggan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Historically do we see many commits between now and spring game? 

No, not really an active period at all. Spring games are busy, summer is busy, "I want to commit before my senior year starts" (August) is busy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Roll Skers said:

Just because Henrich and Hickman are from here means we land them, they didnt even grow up husker fans

 

But I really want both

 

Oh, I thought we get who we want just cuz we want em?

11 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

No, not really an active period at all. Spring games are busy, summer is busy, "I want to commit before my senior year starts" (August) is busy. 

Commit before my senior year, decommit after senior year and spurn a school on NSD for the biggest bag of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

That would be big, because we don't currently lead for Hickman and Heinrich. Not sure on Duggan.

We lead on Duggan per Huskers93-97's favorite meter, the 247 CB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

We lead on Duggan per Huskers93-97's favorite meter, the 247 CB!

Saw that, most of those predictions are pretty old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 8:12 AM, swmohusker said:

Ethan Piper after he visits the Hawks.  

The gimme of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wildcard pick:

 

If Breece Hall makes it up for a junior day he could pull the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anything out there that tells us any guys that are pretty high on Nebraska and we might have an idea of a few guys who could pull the trigger on us any day now? This 2019 cycle so far has seemed pretty slow without much news or hype yet. I remember last year leading up to the spring game there was a ton of hype about who was going to be coming to the game and there was a handful of guys we thought might pull the trigger. 

 

Just curious cause I havnt heard much hype about any particular players yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Is there anything out there that tells us any guys that are pretty high on Nebraska and we might have an idea of a few guys who could pull the trigger on us any day now? This 2019 cycle so far has seemed pretty slow without much news or hype yet. I remember last year leading up to the spring game there was a ton of hype about who was going to be coming to the game and there was a handful of guys we thought might pull the trigger. 

 

Just curious cause I havnt heard much hype about any particular players yet?

 

I try to keep a pretty current list of the guys who I think have legitimate interest in Nebraska in the 2019 Recruiting thread.  I try to keep that updated and re-post it to each new page of the thread so you don't have to search for it too hard.  Here's the latest update.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

What evidence do you have to support this?

This will be Newsome's 3rd trip on his own dime in last 60 days. Hasn't visited anywhere else and currently has no plans to. 

 

Robinson has family in Neb. This is his 2nd visit from Zona on his own dime in last 60 days. 

 

I agree on Newsome. I think he's N by May 1. Robinson has some big boys calling that might make him tougher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

This will be Newsome's 3rd trip on his own dime in last 60 days. Hasn't visited anywhere else and currently has no plans to. 

 

Robinson has family in Neb. This is his 2nd visit from Zona on his own dime in last 60 days. 

 

I agree on Newsome. I think he's N by May 1. Robinson has some big boys calling that might make him tougher. 

When do we project Robinson? Tackle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

When do we project Robinson? Tackle?

Last I heard Dline, not sure which spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alohaah said:

 

Recruiting services. 

 

are you new here?  StPaul  NEEDS and DESERVES more information than that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

 

are you new here?  StPaul  NEEDS and DESERVES more information than that

 

I guess the mods are allowing trolling on a regular basis now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

 

I guess the mods are allowing trolling on a regular basis now.  

 

Pretty much.  They're also allowing people to remove context of quotes to change the meaning of what's being said while trolling as well.  I just don't feed the trolls and they usually stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:


DE as of now 

I figured. One of the 247 guys made a comment Fri that they thought he'd be a good NT.

 

If Robinson and Newsome were actually to jump on board we'd be getting pretty full at DLine with Piper on board. I see us taking 4, maybe 5, defensive linemen this class as numbers stand now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I figured. One of the 247 guys made a comment Fri that they thought he'd be a good NT.

 

If Robinson and Newsome were actually to jump on board we'd be getting pretty full at DLine with Piper on board. I see us taking 4, maybe 5, defensive linemen this class as numbers stand now. 

Might still need a true NT to round out the defensive line class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ADS said:

Might still need a true NT to round out the defensive line class.

 That would be my thought. But measurable wise Piper and Robinson might get there, I'm not sure though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He graduate 3 on the DL after the 2018 season and have 3 that will graduate after the 2019 season; and only have 5 younger guys. 

 

I see the DL class being pretty big this cycle. I can see us taking up to 4, maybe 5 if we take a JUCO. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Is there anyone in the works that we are feeling good about after Johnson?

 There were still good feelings around Newsome last I'd heard. But other than that, it might be slow until FNL it seems like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

I think our next Commit is a QB.

Which one ya thinking? I really hope we snag two this year...out of our top 3 if we can somehow land 2 and move the one that ends up not developing as quickly to another position we would be set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Ty Robinson is a name to watch for this month.

We looking at him as a DE? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We looking at him as a DE? 

I believe that is the current plan. See where S&C takes him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Yes. 

The NSA confirms this. He has visited huskers.com 8 times in May already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 7:15 AM, Warrior10 said:

 Fair...

 

Some "experts" agree with this.  Possibly this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 6:36 PM, ScottyIce said:

I think our next Commit is a QB.

Nice Call. At least for High School Commits. JUCO Oline was actually next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×