StPaulHusker    5,080

I did the 247 class calculator. We are currently ranked #25. If Spielman commits, we should get to #21.

By comparison, if 5 star Mique Juarez were to commit instead, we would get to #17.

I don't know if this is helpful or not but Its 6:30AM and I'm hungover and nothing better to do.

ScottyIce    1,928

I did the 247 class calculator. We are currently ranked #25. If Spielman commits, we should get to #21.

By comparison, if 5 star Mique Juarez were to commit instead, we would get to #17.

I don't know if this is helpful or not but Its 6:30AM and I'm hungover and nothing better to do.

Perhaps sleep it off?

Hedley Lamarr    2,787

Perhaps sleep it off?

Gross

StPaulHusker    5,080

Perhaps sleep it off?

I have twin 3 year olds. This is not an option.

Does Noah Fant still want to commit before his season starts? Clock is ticking. He's taken visits to every school he has offers to so far. Cal, UCLA, Nebraska, Iowa, Vanderbilt. You think he is waiting for more offers? Oregon showed interest but never offered. They have a DE and TE commit already for this year.

BigRedN    350

I think Fant is announcing on the 28th.

I'm calling Fant as N

How bold of you. Your rep points should sky rocket with this statement. :-)

Red Five    3,590

I think Fant is announcing on the 28th.

I'm calling Fant as N

How bold of you. Your rep points should sky rocket with this statement. :-)

Most people in his thread think he's going elsewhere.

Fant may be next. He specifically stated one of the top priorities for him was a school close to home so his family could see him play. He has been to NU 4x on unofficial visits. Riley's new offense needs TE's and uses them well. He also wanted a school that would have a good academic support staff. Nebraska is #1 at that. His whole family and him sat in Mike Riley's office this spring for a long conversation. Riley is personally recruiting him, he said that sticks out. At that time Iowa and Iowa State had not had their head coach personally recruiting him.

I think if it's not Nebraska it's Vanderbilt. A free education at that school is worth a ton even if he never plays a down of football in college. He also said it's still close enough for his family to see him some.

Norhusker    78

I'm not terribly surprised. It's HCMR first year and it takes time to develop relationships with local kids. I also think our lack of success winning winning any league titles, getting blown out in relevant games, etc. doesn't help. I'm not sure Bo put in the time with the local high school coaches either. Could be wrong.

ScottyIce    1,928

Grim

Next up is another speedy Cali WR. Owens.
Who is your source? The sock?
Don't you worry about it young blood.
Matty is in a gang?

You didn't know?

BigRedN    350

This "Who's Next" thread truly might need to be re-worded. It might become a "Who's Next to Come" ... or "Who's Next to Leave". Nebraska seems vulnerable and heading in the wrong direction. In past years we seem to be an up and coming team and then we'd lose some big/important game and it seemed we would lose out on 1-2-3 commits because we were losing momentum. This year we seemed ahead of pace on the recruiting trail and now with the bad start it seems reasonable that 3-4 current recruits are starting to be "soft" and/or looking. :-(

It's looking like we might get a commit from Jaleel Laguins. This would stoke me. It might even include another player from his school. However, I have no confidence in any part of the process the more "L's" we post on the board. Although I have not lost faith in Riley and will give him his opportunity ... he isn't far away from seeing some "building blocks" leave to other hot teams should he fail and others come snooping.

Haspula    759

Riley announced they got a commitment today but obviously can't go into detail. Any ideas from the fellas with their ear to the recruiting trail?

Could be a visitor for the MSU game. Davis (mich commit), markell simmons (juco safety), or bryant (ksu commit). Feel like it might be simmons or bryant

ScottyIce    1,928

He's as good as gone imo. Still has to happen obviously. Many locals are ready for a change.

Gotcha. How good do you think Jaleel is? Is he better than anyone we have playing for us or verbally committed IYO?

Treand3    243

He's as good as gone imo. Still has to happen obviously. Many locals are ready for a change.

Gotcha. How good do you think Jaleel is? Is he better than anyone we have playing for us or verbally committed IYO?

Very good. Would add an element of athleticism, quality depth at minimum, we desperately need. He'd play a lot next year if he somehow signed with NU.

zoogs    6,367

I'm thinking it's Anchrum.

Ooh. Good call. Sam McKewon agrees in his latest article.

The RB who just removed his KSU commitment and is visiting this weekend would've been the logical choice for me. Can't wait to find out.

Mavric    10,348

The RB who just removed his KSU commitment and is visiting this weekend would've been the logical choice for me. Can't wait to find out.

One media guy doesn't think it's either of those two but is a "big" commit, FWIW. He doesn't know who but doesn't think it's either of those two.

Red Five    3,590

One media guy doesn't think it's either of those two but is a "big" commit, FWIW. He doesn't know who but doesn't think it's either of those two.

Farniok?

Mavric    10,348

Farniok?

Nope. He's not deciding until January.

Red Five    3,590

Farniok?

Correct, he said that it will be in Jan. But that would be a "big" commit. And just throwing out a name...

sho    103

Farniok?

Just playing devil's advocate, he's not ANNOUNCING until January. Presumably he will have his choice made and have notified coaches well in advance of his announcement ceremony.

Norhusker    78

My guess is Bryant. We need a quality RB in this class. I heard maybe our other RB recruit was a SMU lean. Not sure if that is true. In any case we need a spark at that position bad.

huskerfan92    1,061

I am saying it's Mique Juarez that committed. It's a conditional commitment based on whoever USC hires as the new HC.

Or how about this for a crazy conspiracy. Riley said "we" got a commit. Could just mean the coaching staff. Riley takes the USC job, Juarez promises to remain committed to the Trojans. Boom. Okay I'll take the tinfoil off my head now.