Beer sales in Memorial Stadium?

And those are a few examples out of the hundreds of millions of fans that attend games each year...

Yeah, I know.

The thing about selling alcohol is that it doesn't make a difference to 99% of the people, but the 1% ruins it for everybody.

I just really don't see the relevance. They could have just as likely been heavily intoxicated outside of the stadium and caused the issues when they came in.

If you read the article Minnesota said the incidents of disorderly behavior went down after allowing alcohol inside the stadium, my guess is that people don't go to the games sh#t faced now because they can get some beer inside.

I bought beer at the Minny game last year...it was packed (the beer lines) and I did not see anyone acting crazy.

How many beers would they sell at a Hukser home game? 40,000?

i would imagine you would probably have to spend around $50 to get drunk if you just drank at the game.

i tend to agree with the people thinking this may limit alcohol related incidents because people would be less inclined to get ripped before the game. but nonetheless, i never like the attitude of making decisions based on the lowest common denominator. the people causing problems because they are drunk already exist. why limit everyone else's enjoyment because of a few irresponsible drunks (who will most like find a way to be drunk regardless).

• Fire 1

I'm going to sound like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth but I'm still against selling beer there.

But....it is harder to get drunk at the game because you have to get up, go to the concession stand, wait in line (which could get long) and then get back to your seat. Most people are not going to do that very many times because they want to watch the game. If it takes 15 minutes to do that they are missing large parts of the game.

So, at most, the usual fan is going to drink 1-3 beers at a game.

I'm going to sound like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth but I'm still against selling beer there.

But....it is harder to get drunk at the game because you have to get up, go to the concession stand, wait in line (which could get long) and then get back to your seat. Most people are not going to do that very many times because they want to watch the game. If it takes 15 minutes to do that they are missing large parts of the game.

18z5dn7aotqyljpg.jpg

i would imagine you would probably have to spend around $50 to get drunk if you just drank at the game.

i tend to agree with the people thinking this may limit alcohol related incidents because people would be less inclined to get ripped before the game. but nonetheless, i never like the attitude of making decisions based on the lowest common denominator. the people causing problems because they are drunk already exist. why limit everyone else's enjoyment because of a few irresponsible drunks (who will most like find a way to be drunk regardless).

Lightweight!

18z5dn7aotqyljpg.jpg

Simple...don't have those.

Lightweight!

lol. first draft had an estimate of $100 to get drunk, but i was worried what people would think. i guess i was thinking for the average person, maybe.

but my guess is it would be $8 a beer. so regardless, it is going to cost you to get sloppy.

18z5dn7aotqyljpg.jpg

Simple...don't have those.

and even with vendors, i would imagine it still takes awhile for you to see them. once, maybe twice, a qtr.