• 2 weeks later...

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

The semi in the left lane driving 65 MPH trying to pass the semi in the right lane driving 64.5 MPH.

This 1000 times!!!  I don't know how many times I have driven I-80 in the left lane passing two semis and had the trailing semi move to the left lane before I can pass and then he is unable to accelerate enough to get around.  Several times I have passed on the right if there is enough room.

Nebraska needs to pass a law that you can ONLY use the left lane for passing and you cannot stay in the left lane for more than two miles at a time, and they should strictly enforce it.

A lot of highway road rage would be alleviated if people weren't forced to wait behind that left-lane slowpoke.

Also, I-80 should be three lanes all the way to Grand Island, and should have been at least ten years ago. 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh this got me thinking...people that can't seem to turn left when the arrow turns green.  TURN LEFT

See, what happens is that they aren't paying attention and then have to check the signal again when they are, and it leads to them being delayed on being able to start making the left turn.

Spoiler

#notmansplaining

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

See, what happens is that they aren't paying attention and then have to check the signal again when they are, and it leads to them being delayed on being able to start making the left turn.

Hide contents

#notmansplaining

Ha!  Love it!  The hidden content thing is the best!

I think what you said is true and I also think a lot of times people are afraid to step on the gas...so they start off by gently touching it but it takes forever!  

Spoiler

Carsplaing

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Nebraska needs to pass a law that you can ONLY use the left lane for passing and you cannot stay in the left lane for more than two miles at a time, and they should strictly enforce it.

A lot of highway road rage would be alleviated if people weren't forced to wait behind that left-lane slowpoke.

Also, I-80 should be three lanes all the way to Grand Island, and should have been at least ten years ago. 

Come out to Colorado and drive I-25. You'll lose your mind with all the Left Lane Larry's.

And there's worse:

I'm not looking forward to heading that way tomorrow morning

I literally just got messed with by a Left Lane Larry.  Came up behind this guy on a two-lane highway who was going slower than me, but about to pass a rolloff truck.  Instead, he gets next to the truck & just camps there, going exactly the same speed. Was stuck behind him for two miles as he matched the truck speeding up & slowing down.

I have no idea what possesses a person to do something like that, but anyone who does can go to hell.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I literally just got messed with by a Left Lane Larry.  Came up behind this guy on a two-lane highway who was going slower than me, but about to pass a rolloff truck.  Instead, he gets next to the truck & just camps there, going exactly the same speed. Was stuck behind him for two miles as he matched the truck speeding up & slowing down.

I have no idea what possesses a person to do something like that, but anyone who does can go to hell.

We had a similar situation going to the airport in Denver this summer. My girlfriend went to pass 2 cars, but the car in back cut her off. Then he proceeded to camp next to the other car, like your situation, except then he started brake-checking us really hard. She backs off a ways and he passes the other car, we eventually pass the other car as well. Then this crazy dude slows way way down and disappears. It's annoying and kinda scary at times.